Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half Time, time for a change.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Plenty of time after to have a few beers whilst the trains die down. I don't understand people who rush down 5 mins early at half time for a pint? They're normally the same people who leave 5 mins early to get home? Why not just watch soccer Saturday in the pub it's much cheaper.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Plenty of time after to have a few beers whilst the trains die down. I don't understand people who rush down 5 mins early at half time for a pint? They're normally the same people who leave 5 mins early to get home? Why not just watch soccer Saturday in the pub it's much cheaper.

I understand why, if you want a beer you're going to miss 5 minutes either way; if you go before half time then the queue might be 5 minutes instead of 20, and you can drink it at a tolerable speed. You've also got a smaller chance of queuing for 15 minutes only to be told they can't serve any more.

Jul 7, 2003
Three pages in and not one mention of the actual football match people are supposed to be attending. Half time is primarily a rest for the players. If you extend it further, players will get cold and require another warm up before the second half starts.

Some people on here seem to have forgotten that a trip to the Amex is about football rather than beer and pies:moo:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Three pages in and not one mention of the actual football match people are supposed to be attending. Half time is primarily a rest for the players. If you extend it further, players will get cold and require another warm up before the second half starts.

Some people on here seem to have forgotten that a trip to the Amex is about football rather than beer and pies:moo:

Thats their problem :moo:

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I understand why, if you want a beer you're going to miss 5 minutes either way; if you go before half time then the queue might be 5 minutes instead of 20, and you can drink it at a tolerable speed. You've also got a smaller chance of queuing for 15 minutes only to be told they can't serve any more.

What I don't understand is why having a bit longer to have a beer is more important than the actual reason you are in the stadium?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Whether you extend half time by 5 or 15 minutes it still wouldn't be enough for some. They'd still leave 5 minutes early and come back in 5 minutes after KO.

Agreed. Can't be bothered with queueing for anything at half-time, so normally sit and read the programme. I might eat a wine gum.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

True, but it is another revenue stream for the club to flog more ale and pies, so a longer half time should increase sales.
Ideally the club want people to eat and drink before, at half time and after the game.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What I don't understand is why having a bit longer to have a beer is more important than the actual reason you are in the stadium?

I totally agree with all this, but the point is how do stop making it such a bunfight. No way are people going to all stay in their seats and the club dont want you to. Better and faster service will obviously help but is not the total answer when you have so many people in such a short space of time going to a few khazis and a few food and drink bars.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Unless you have more staff more pumps and 5er a pint for easy change its not going to happen. The same people in esu rush down every week so it doesn't bother them, whilst I enjoy a few after the game with out having to neck it. Which doesn't bother me. Keep it the same and worry about the football not how to make halftime more entertaining.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Half time is quite long enough already thank you.

If people cannot go for about an hour and 50 mins without stuffing their faces, then hard luck. You're going to a football match, not a food fair!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

I agree with you, changing the half time duration isn't an option.

But I do enjoy having a beer and looking at the scores of the other games at half time, it's just unfortunate that this is hard to do without missing part of the game AND getting in people's way, although at least in the North you can at least walk behind people standing up.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Perhaps its time to go to 4 periods of 20 mins with a longer mid game break, heck I only go to get food and drink during the game!!!!!

I must be bad fan as I only drink heavily in the pub pre-game and at the game after the final whistle when I know I wont miss any action! What we need is a few people like Ernest hanging round the food/drink counters and then we would see people back to there seats in double quick time!

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
why not treat us like adults and allow those that want to have a drink whilst watching the game to do so?there would be less of a rush at half time and potentially more revenue for the club.they seem to manage it in Germany so why cant the football authorities allow it here? the dark days are behind us and if problems do occur then sanctions could be applied on a club by club basis rather than blanket restrictions for all clubs.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Generations of fans who went to the football in the 70s and 80s are to blame for that.

granted.but times have changed. surely we can now start to think about relaxing some restrictions?we all know that some knuckledraggers are still with us but to treat us all like children is wrong.most clubs should be able to have similar regimes to those in Germany those that cant should have restrictions.the rest of us should be free to enjoy the football in an adult manner.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even the people in boxes are not able to watch the game whislt having a drink as the blinds/curtains are closed. It is the law of the land that this done and would need to be changed to allow it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here