Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half Time at Hereford

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When Albion have a bad day, I just think back to 97 and realise how lucky we are now

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Nearly 19 years on and this still brings shivers and goosebumps. All my thoughts were summed up in the thread published in 'Build A Bonfire', when I was posting as Midlands Seagull.
Even after our goal, and Maskell blasting over, I can still see Adrian Foster running away from us towards our goal, clear of our defence, and then tamely chipping into Orm's hands. It does make getting soaked and hammered in Cardiff last Saturday feel a bit better.

I was in the home end up seats in line with Penalty spot (as were a number of other Brighton fans). I still can’t believe he missed, it seemed to play out in slow motion, Orms seemed stunned that he saved it. A horrendous moment not helped by sobering up and the inevitable hangover ....
I ****ing hated it, the despair of going 1 down, offset with the equaliser but knowing that one **** up and we were gone! The last 10 minutes were hideous. At the end it was a sense of relief rather than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I had a brief spell in the RAF before realising my hideous mistake, prompted by being posted to RAF Stafford, so left whilst I could and joined the RN, as I signed up in the first place to travel. Stafford wasnt the dream, but I did my RAF training in Hereford (Credenhill) & and this match was the first time I had been back to Edgar St. since playing with the RAF Hereford band on the pitch pre-match and having my drumstick knocked out of my hand when turning (embarrassing). An emotional day but brilliant jouney home.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I had a brief spell in the RAF before realising my hideous mistake, prompted by being posted to RAF Stafford, so left whilst I could and joined the RN, as I signed up in the first place to travel. Stafford wasnt the dream, but I did my RAF training in Hereford (Credenhill) & and this match was the first time I had been back to Edgar St. since playing with the RAF Hereford band on the pitch pre-match and having my drumstick knocked out of my hand when turning (embarrassing). An emotional day but brilliant jouney home.

A crab and a bandy .... Christ you were in a bad place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
Bump again, lest we forget.

And do read the original NSC thread from 2001 in Bozza's post at #42 above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here