Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hal Robson-Kanu

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Rosicky is not the player he was. Was out with injury for nearly the whole of last season and one before that he was playing much deeper, his fitness would also be a concern. If the situation arises where Stephens needs to be replaced, the club redirect that money back into finding someone who can be with the Albion in the long term.

Sounds like a sure fire bet for us then with a sick record like that

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's hardly Burger King, more McDonalds so I'd pass.

As for Rosicky you're joking right? He's a couple years passed it but would command massive wages due to his name. Sure he'll end up somewhere else.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I reckon he's one of those footballers with a flair name, but little actual class - especially at international level. I doubt he'd be where he is if he was called, I dunno, Bob Jones. I agree that he looks slow, incongruous, and very unlikely to score unless it be off his arse.

That'll be a no then.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
He looked neither lazy nor selfish yesterday (and on Saturday). I will refrain from commenting on your other descriptors.

He has done well at this tournament.

He was utterly toilet here earlier this season. By that I mean he stood out as being so.

Reading - his soon-to-be former club - had him listed as a 'winger'. Believe me, we're well catered for in that department.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He looked neither lazy nor selfish yesterday (and on Saturday). I will refrain from commenting on your other descriptors.

I agree - he did well against England - playing whilst a free agent, in his country's biggest game in 50 years, with the whole continent's scouts and clubs watching.. .

I was basing it on watching him half a dozen times, in run of the mill Championship matches, for clubs paying his wages.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree - he did well against England - playing whilst a free agent, in his country's biggest game in 50 years, with the whole continent's scouts and clubs watching.. .

I was basing it on watching him half a dozen times, in run of the mill Championship matches, for clubs paying his wages.

Agree with the last bit, but sorry Hans yes he fell over for the Bale goal and won a few knock downs, but his striking contribution was zero. 0 shots on goal, he is slow, lacks skill and for a big man offers nothing from crosses. His 'goal' was also a total scuff shot.

No need to defend yourself, you had it totally correct in post #1.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Go along with this. Which just goes to show that making snap judgments on the basis of tournament performances is not the best way to go about recruitment, especially when a player is without a contract.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Stephens goes our most pressing need might be for a string-pulling midfielder. Tomas Rosicky is out of contract. Wants to stay in SE England apparently. What a boost to our spirits he would be!

He'd certainly bring the treatment room back in to full time operation.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
75b87f724f0a50ade5ba08a3199ed009.jpg

Only 66 rated on FIFA 16 so no thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think I can cope with a strike partnership that is only prepared to score via Cruyff turns or overhead kicks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here