Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haim

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Saw them supporting Florence and the machine last year and they were very good at what they do. They were a bit overwhelmed by the exposure they were getting I think.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Over-rated steaming crock of horse shit. Same as Palma Violets and Tame Impala.

Don't believe everything you read in NME.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
This is interesting. Can I ask a perfectly honest question, please? How did you find out about them footychick?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The reason I ask is that new music is far more accessible than ever before, but still the general public seem intent on listening to bands who are being plugged to the hilt by NME and the indie press.

There are bands out there that the music press ignore because they don't conform to a "standard".

New bands that people have probably never heard of, that should be given a listen;

Alpines
Breton
Binary
MS MR
Io Echo
Alt- J (ok they one the Mercury prize in 2012 so you may have heard of them)
Chvrches
Daughter
Deaf Club
2:54
Icona Pop
Karin Park (not new but not that accessible to the UK)
Merchandise
Polica
Purity Ring

Try em and let me know what you think.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I don't think it's possible for a band to be over-rated before even releasing an album.

They've been in the music press for well over a year. They've been touring for over a year now. I was amused that Florence and her management thought they were good enough to support her at the O2, and cringed throughout their entire set.

They have 7 dire songs on Soundcloud, three of which have been there for a year.

They are over-rated.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As possibly the only old farty venturing somewhat gingerly onto this thread, I heard Haim's newest offering whilst channel-hopping the other day and enjoyed it a great deal.

What can having old farties like me liking them must do for their cred wiv da kidz though? Anyway, they'll be huge I reckon.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
ooh I forgot another one;

London Grammar

New track "Hey Now" is sublime - much better than Haim.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
The reason I ask is that new music is far more accessible than ever before, but still the general public seem intent on listening to bands who are being plugged to the hilt by NME and the indie press.

There are bands out there that the music press ignore because they don't conform to a "standard".

New bands that people have probably never heard of, that should be given a listen;

Alpines
Breton
Binary
MS MR
Io Echo
Chvrches
Daughter
Deaf Club
Icona Pop
Merchandise
Polica
Purity Ring

Yep, like quite a few of them. Chvrches - The Mother We Share one of my favourite tracks of last year.
Like Haim - Don't Save Me too.
Damn my ears.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom

Alpines
Breton
Binary
MS MR
Io Echo
Chvrches
Daughter
Deaf Club
Icona Pop
Merchandise
Polica
Purity Ring

i've heard Alt-J and Polica and probably others but I don't recognise the names.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here