Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haha Ipswich: There are some things money can't buy

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Football isn't one....The East of England Co-Operative Stand.

"THE West Stand at Ipswich Town’s Portman Road ground has been officially renamed after the club signed a lucrative deal with the East of England Co-operative Society."

D

Deleted member 18477

Calling the west stand... The east... Of bla bla. Stupid!

Our west stand... The east Sussex stand? Nahh!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We (You) really should let that one go.

Ipwich Town FC is a club not dissimilar to the Albion, they have a long history and are generally an OK club with OK supporters.

Yes the incident at the Amex fixture was regrettable but was lambasted on the TWTD board at the time.

We have got nutters on here too you know!

BTW - Since that time I have occasionally looked at the TWTD board and it is a decent site with decent posts / posters.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Ipwich Town FC is a club not dissimilar to the Albion, they have a long history and are generally an OK club with OK supporters.

Yes the incident at the Amex fixture was regrettable but was lambasted on the TWTD board at the time.

BTW - Since that time I have occasionally looked at the TWTD board and it is a decent site with decent posts / posters.

Fair point BUT you have to see the funny side of this

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Going slightly Off-Topic. What does TWTD stand for? Think I used to know but for the life of me, I can't think what it means at the moment.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry mate, I haven't a clue but it is there, alive and well, and is their predominant forum !

Oh I know. I had a quick look. Didn't see it explained. Cheers

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What's your stadium called again ?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Football isn't one....The East of England Co-Operative Stand.

"THE West Stand at Ipswich Town’s Portman Road ground has been officially renamed after the club signed a lucrative deal with the East of England Co-operative Society."

bunch of idiots came with banner
made fools of themselves
took flak from BHA fans
were ridiculed by significant number of Town fans
idiots went home

i'm not going to lose much sleep on this - if they come back and make this 'a thing' then i'll get wound up.

crap name for a stand but actually quite a good sponsor for the local community if you consider what they do, especially within a rural/agricultural area
East of England Co-operative Society – Norfolk, Suffolk Essex | East of England Co-op

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

No chance. If we took a silly banner up there we'd get pelters, that's the way it goes. Chuck in the goalie incident for good measure and
we've got the makings of an excellent new rival - it is only banter

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought it was .

It gets temporarily renamed when we play Palace and have to put up with a couple of thousand Nigels - The American Express Care In The Community Stadium

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It gets temporarily renamed when we play Palace and have to put up with a couple of thousand Nigels - The American Express Care In The Community Stadium

Thanks for your input , Will your carer be coming down with you for the match ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here