Had time to reflect on today's game

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Oh, so sorry, do forgive me if the asthetics of correct nomenclature were somewhat lacking.

We've been somewhat preoccupied you see. What with twin relegations, transfer embargos, administration, points deductions, the sale of all our players, the non-payment of our staff or remaining players for 8 months, the prospect of our ground being sold to a property developer (sound familiar?) and the prospect of being saddled with Peter Ridsdale as our (self styled) 'saviour' I failed to keep up with a name. So sorry.

While you eat at the ritz, could you please remember where YOU came from not so long ago and be a smidge less patronising and dismissive?. Because I didn't keep up with championship naming rights presumably the point I was making is null and void?. Well it isn't, it's spot on. You might wish to shoot the messanger but i'm trying to help you and you'd do well to read and digest and getused to the problems you are going to face.

A crash WILL come after the party. It might take a month, heck you might still be riding the bubble come Christmas but with the type of signings made and the naivity of your play and reaction to "the big bad northerners".......a hangover WILL kick in.

The thing is that Poyet has said many times that we need to be bigger and more physical, its just that getting those players isn't that easy.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Some poor tackles, some very poor in the first half were not dealt with properly buy the ref which led to the Dunck challenge which was no where near anything like Naylors on Barnes which was awful.

Just got to look at some other games today to see that the two tackles on Lua Lua and Barnes in the first half buy Donny were as bad as the two at the Cov v Leic game.

I thought in the first half we were affected by the occasion and did not settle well. After the break we stepped up a gear and changed formation and Donny faded out of the game.

Upper mid table beckons and with a few additions before the end og August who knows..

D

Deleted member 18477

Bless you.. it's called banter??
Yes.. I know the empty seats were in Donny end hence my initial post, + my dig about 'the right size' comes on the back of knowing you have already applied for planning for an extension.
Now that is a bit weird.. why not just build it the right size in the first place?

Anyway.. I can tell those of you that are still up take things a bit too seriously so suffice to say we are not rivals anymore.. we have Pompey to get silly about and you have Palace.

Good luck

Your boring. If you've got Pompey why are you on a Brighton forum? Is it because your STILL bitter about little old Brighton being champions over you last season? Aww sweetheart!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How are Doncaster blaming Brighton for HYayter's injury? lols
If Dunk should have been sent off they should have had two players sent off in the first half. In fact they possibly should anyway, as those were worse tackles which due to pure luck didn't end up in injuries.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Donny never let you down fella, your TO did and royally! Many of our mates just simply gave up on the idea with only 3/4 days left to make arrangements and that my friend is a FACT. I don't know what happened but there are a good few angry folk at this end with train tickets and coach deposits that have gone down the drain.
Because of the problems on the M25 it took between 7/8 hours to get to you then we got 'dicked about' in your coach park.
The coach park and the unnecessary hanging about trying to get parked (15 mins.) meant that many were thoroughly pissed off before they even got to the stadium.

Btw that coach park is a potential 'flash point' that your club needs to be aware of!!

Finally great new stadium, great master of ceremonies who did you proud and a very strange game. Fookin shattered today though but despite the problems an enjoyable day except the result. I'm sure that in the clear light of day, the bond will still exist between our 2 sets of supporters........at least I hope so. I will be watching out for your results.

You know, God ruined a good arse when he gave you a mouth. If your fans couldn't get there how is that our fault ? The fact that you use coach firms who don't check the parking situation is also not our fault.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If Barnes had stayed down after that challenge it would have been a straight red. I can't understand Doncaster fans on here trying to act like we have bullied them off the pitch as for first 45 all they did was kick lumps out of KLL. Just sour grapes as a poorly timed challenge injured their best player.

Anyway who gives a toss what they think 3 points in the bag and onwards to Tuesday.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
It was a red. Dunk did go for the ball, but through Sharp to get the ball giving him a very nasty injury.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm not buying that on the basis of some highlights, so we should have 5 players sent of ........care to elaborate which one's .
If you are going to exaggerate and make things up please at least keep your exaggerations semi-believeable eh ? Which highlights did you watch btw ? :annoyed:

I'm not sure if this is a serious reply?

Read it again silly billy, I quite obviously stated that was my FRIEND who said that, who is a Norwich fan, and 20 years old. Such is the way with the young, we go OTT on some things. He obviously saw the two hard challenges on Lualua and the SHOCKER on Barnes and then sent me that text. Any human with common sense would of known it was just a throwaway thing, but you should of ended with 9 men, no question. If you are going to pick up on an exaggeration and then make up your own story to go with that, keep it semi-logical eh? I watched the FL show highlights, and I was at the game. He watched the FL show highlights, and even he (who is more than happy to rip Brighton when possible) said Dunks challenge was no where near the "HORROR CHALLENGE OMFG HE KILLED HIM ON PURPOSE" tackle that Doncaster suddenly seem to think it was.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
I think one of the best ways to gauge a bad challenge is to look at the reaction of the injured players team mates. I dont remember any histerics from their players or anyone chasing Lewis Dunk or waving imaginery cards at the ref. The O/P wants to get a grip & stop trying to blame others for his teams inability to hold on to a lead.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Oh, so sorry, do forgive me if the asthetics of correct nomenclature were somewhat lacking.

We've been somewhat preoccupied you see. What with twin relegations, transfer embargos, administration, points deductions, the sale of all our players, the non-payment of our staff or remaining players for 8 months, the prospect of our ground being sold to a property developer (sound familiar?) and the prospect of being saddled with Peter Ridsdale as our (self styled) 'saviour' I failed to keep up with a name. So sorry.

While you eat at the ritz, could you please remember where YOU came from not so long ago and be a smidge less patronising and dismissive?. Because I didn't keep up with championship naming rights presumably the point I was making is null and void?. Well it isn't, it's spot on. You might wish to shoot the messanger but i'm trying to help you and you'd do well to read and digest and getused to the problems you are going to face.

A crash WILL come after the party. It might take a month, heck you might still be riding the bubble come Christmas but with the type of signings made and the naivity of your play and reaction to "the big bad northerners".......a hangover WILL kick in.

Now I like this guy. Straight talking, balanced, sarcastic, verbose and funny all at the same time.

Can we keep him?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think one of the best ways to gauge a bad challenge is to look at the reaction of the injured players team mates. I dont remember any histerics from their players or anyone chasing Lewis Dunk or waving imaginery cards at the ref. The O/P wants to get a grip & stop trying to blame others for his teams inability to hold on to a lead.
It's a great point. But the hysterics have set in, no amount of reason or sense will change that probably.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Think you will find Coppinger's challenge on Barnes was far more dangerous, Lucky he didnt break his ankle!!!

IMO this was the worst tackle of the game and it was just fortunate that Barnes wasn't stretchered off. Echo all the words said before that Dunk isn't a malicious player and there was no intent. Think you should take the defeat graciously, it was a close game and typical game of 2 halves with a crap ref who didn't favour either side but was inconsistent. Our bringing on of Noone and Buckley turned the game in our favour - nothing more sinister than that

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Thought it was a good game, between two sides who like to play good football, there was strong challenges going in from both sides and it could have quite easily been one of our players stretchered off.
Donnie were the better side in the first half and deserved to go in 1 up and i thought we were the better team in the second half. All in all it was a pretty good game to kick the season off!!!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I watched a live stream of the game, from fox tv's us coverage, also saw highlights shown by the bbc. Think it's interesting that neither the live commentators not the bbc highlights made any mention that Dunk might have had a red card and having seen the foul several times now I dont think it deseved one either.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
and come to the conclusion that Lewis Dunk deserved a straight red for the very bad tackle on Billy Sharp. Dunk showed no signs of going for the ball, just looked to be going straight in to put Billy out of the game, which he did do with seemingly disastrous consequences for the rest of our barely born new season.

Lots of hard but fair tackles went in from both sides but some, again from both sides, were borderline dangerous.

The referee was not fit to referee a Sunday morning amateur game let alone a Championship game.

Rovers left Brighton tonight with two seemingly serious injuries that will definitely affect the season's prospects for us.

Thanks for nothing Brighton and Hove Albion Football club's players. Arseholes. I truly hope your season ends in tatters and you go back down the pan.

The majority of pundits, fans and assorted harbingers of doom and gloom have us for relegation this season, I don't think we will go down but if we do I'll take much pleasure in seeing Brighton and Hove Albion's name on the papers going down with us.

Poyet played thuggishly when he was playing and it seems that he wants his squad to play that way too. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like it at the moment.

The best thing about today was seeing your nice bright shiny new stadium. It's nice and I hope you're very happy there.

Donny should've had 2 players sent before this challenge, and you had 12 men for the majority of the match. On top of this, we missed two absolute sitters just to give you a bit of a chance :facepalm:

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Now I like this guy. Straight talking, balanced, sarcastic, verbose and funny all at the same time.

Can we keep him?

Why thank you, wasn't about to walk off, despite a momentary 'handbag' reaction. Life's too short, as an event today has brought starkly into focus for me.

There were far more positives from yesterday than concerns from your side, it was just my memories of 2004 and an experienced eye that picked that one out. If Gus has been talking about 'beefing up' then it shows he's aware of it too. Personally I reckon that come the January transfer window your signings will be blunt instruments, not the finest samurai blades!.

Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports