Had the pleasure of being in the 1901 Club today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
And it was pretty good to be fair, not as I was expecting as per the doom and gloom merchants. A good amount of singing without being bollocked or told to sit down by overzealous stewards and the vast majority of people were back in their seats for kick off in the second half. I didn't see anyone told off or sneered at for having a replica shirt on, nor wearing trainers in the lounge. Nearly everyone seemed to be ardent Brighton fans and even took time to sneer at the Palace. Maybe it was just the end I was sat at, that was like this but I thought it was pretty much like being in any other part of the ground just with a nice lounge and arm rests on your seats. I hope if I'm in there again, there will be exactly the same attitude to everything.

Very happy with today all told.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Enjoyed the overall experience but beware of that dress code. The guy at the BUPA Lounge entrance was over-zealous to say the least. Tried to refuse me entry for wearing a pair of brand new, brown Timberland walking shoes (admittedly soft-topped) that he insisted were trainers, even though, overall, I was more smartly dressed than him! Then made to endure an embarrassing and frustrating wait while they got the supervisor who was more sensible but still couldn't resist getting in a cheeky dig about dressing smarter in future.

Also, lack of food options (hate lamb) meant I had to go veggie and that was, frankly, pretty pathetic. Tiny pot of ratatouille type thing with three small potatoes.

Overall, 1901 club view and facilities are great but looks like the sit-down meal will be a one off unless they improve it considerably.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Brilliant atmosphere in 1901 today. Really pleased with our seats and those around us. Lots of proper Brighton fans.

Don't know anything about the food as not really interested.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah same. I'm not going to be eating there unless dinner after or before is not an option.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't know anything about the food as not really interested.

Me neither generally but wanted to push the boat out to mark the occasion. Food doesn't bother me overall but it should concern the club - it's another big revenue stream. They need some middle ground really so it's possible to get some decent food without paying for a full three course sit down. Once everyone's tried that, demand will die off I think.

D

Deleted User X18H

The food was really poor at the Boro game, they really need to work on that.

Well I had a pie and it was bloody lovely. And I had a nice chit chat with Robbie Reinielt. Andy Rollings is a good host , but the dolly birds although lovely to look at, need a tadge of training, we left the lounge to go to our seats at about twenty to three and were told that if we LEFT we wouldn't be readmitted. We explained we were going to our seats (sense of occasion failure) the big guy on the door said 'erm I think they're going to their seats' and gave me a 'oh jeez' look. Bar staff better, will get even better by Blackpool, nice touch with the coffee at half time and the interval drinks orders.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Bloody hell, no choclates with their coffee, what next ?

I was in 1901 and the whole experiance was very good, no complaints and we had the full buffet. All food was hot and good quality, Felicity our host was very good and Bob Booker as overall host was entertaining and took time to talk to everyone.

No complaints, all fans seemed long term fans, not JCL's

I have been to many hospitility events in my life and considering this was their second attempt, I would give 10/10.

Seats, view, noise game, was great and whos idea was that to play The Who and Led Zep with that video, wonderful, wonderful day.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I was in 1901 sat with "new supporters" next to me.... When Kaz was subbed at half time the guy said "That's a shame, he's the player we signed from Peterboro' isn't it?" hahahaha, plonker!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was in 1901 sat with "new supporters" next to me.... When Kaz was subbed at half time the guy said "That's a shame, he's the player we signed from Peterboro' isn't it?" hahahaha, plonker!

In WSU the person behind me tried for 5 minutes to explain the off-side rule to his young lady friend then gave up

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We had a brilliant meal, and to top it off Wardy and missus needed a table, we had space on ours, so they joined us! Fatboy Slim and his dad (Oldboy Slim?) came over for a chat, Robbie Reinault was on the table next to us, it was a special day. Food was all piping hot, and very good, sounds like the poster on here was out of luck with his. Atmosphere in the WSM was brilliant, I have no voice this morning, I think the young lad in front of me learnt a couple of new words!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was a bit frustrating to arrive at 13:45 and be told there would not be any pies or food on sale before the match. Decided to ask to go to one of the concourses and was told I would not be allowed back in the ground and, annoyingly, was quizzed why I wanted to do this as "everything I needed was available in the Profile Lounge."

Thankfully, after being harangued by multiple 1901ers, common sense prevailed and some pies arrived.

It was a bit shitty of them though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The addition of bar stools was a nice surprise. And they seem to have sorted out the half time coffee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports