Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had any negative responses?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Has anyone had any negative responses to the Falmer issue over the last few days?

I did the whole email thing and got this back from a 'mate' after I sent out the petition link:

"Forgive me for being churlish but some of us have our own appalling football clubs to fret over making it very difficult to sympathise with the plight of others."

and he goes on about West Ham for a bit.

This has been simmering within me for 2 days now. Am I the only one to have got this kind of response?

:censored:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Sounds fair enough.

I know you're all up against it at the moment.

But please, please, please, don't ever feel there isn't a moment you can set aside from pro-Falmer campaigning to utter a silent, emotional prayer of thanks that you aren't a Pest Ham fan.

You know you're right.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
No you're not the only one.
Not all football supporters can see beyond their own petty grievances to take in teh bigger picture. Ignore them and focus on the 80% of decent supporters who will always help out other people in trouble.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
It's easy to get affected by the response of fans on rival messageboards. But a lot of that is so much play-acting and represents so much playing-to-the-gallery anyway.
All the Spurs fans I've mentioned to either as mates on messageboards or in the flesh have been positive and pledged to at least fire off an email. As you'd expect most football fans to do when a club itself is endangered. May have endured plenty of crap performances in recent years, but don't know what I'd do without my Spurs season ticket and the experience every week or so. And it's not very difficult for most fans to appreciate others feel the same too, delete-and-fill-in-name-of-club here.
Those who make a look-at-me-aren't-I-independent-and-defiant fight taking the names of other clubs are not worth bothering with.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
A bloke walked past at Whitehall today and I tried to hand him a leaflet he said "I couldn't care less, I'm Palace"

Goon.

I've had a lot of that from Palace recently.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Yeah, from everyone here on NSC.

I managed to get Mark Chapman to mention us on Radio 1 and in his emailed reply to me he asked if there was anything else he could do to help. I posted a thread asking for any ideas and so far got f*** all.

Well done, good effort!?! :censored:

Last edited:

Jan 26, 2004
I've had a couple of responses from people saying well why the bleedin hell did you sell your ground in the first place, so I explained and most have seen the problem and helped out, and that Palarse scum at work wont help, so called him a tosser, and I said don't expect any help if Palarse are in trouble!!!

Most of my friends, who are mainly Ipswich fans are more than happy to help, and have done so with everything, lie letters/emails/valentines cards. So not going too badly from where I am sitting!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
some rivals sites weren't happy :(

bald eagle

Feb 5, 2004
Had a good many discussions (ad I use that in the loosest sense) on the train back from our magnificent victory at sheffield on saturday. :smokin: :smokin: A good many people said that they couldn't see that just because falmer may not come off it would necassarily mean the end of the road for bhafc and as such you could fight your own battles. A good many didn't believe that you wouldn't be able to renegotiate with Withdean for a few more years to enable the search to continue, after all I believe that you have already managed to do that once when the public enquirey kicked off.

Some palace would obviously give a bit less than the proverbial monkey as to what happens to you, but on delving a bit deeper it became apparent that this view was often based on the running battles of the 80's rather than any sane reasoning on their part.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I saw a Palace comment on the petition saying that despite him being a Palace fan he didn't want us to vanish.

Deep down, we appreciate that.

All positive from my mates and contacts.
I e-mailed about two thirds of my address book the other day with links, e-mail address, on line petition and an attached word document for a letter.
One even wrote back to me and said
'Thanks for thinking of me, Done !'

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Some fat fool I tried to give a leaflet to claimed to prefer rugby. Bloody egg chasers!

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
braders7 said:
some rivals sites weren't happy :(

nor were some footy mad sites, particulary carlisle :(

When I speak to other fans they can go one of 4 ways:

1. Sure I'll help
2. You shouldn't have sold the Goldstone (same attitude after explaining the Goldstone problem)
3. Count yourself lucky your not in administration, stop moaning.
4. I hate Brighton so no.

Number 2 is the most popular response

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I problem with this "We'll go bust if we don't get Falmer" thing is that the honest answer is. We just don't know what will happen to us. The only thing I can see happening is a ground share!! Which is as good as death and will not be sustainable for long. Just ask Wimbledon.

I suppose the nearest club to our troubles at the moment is Fulham. And they're not really comparable as they have a lot of money behind them and Premiership football. WHich will alway pull the punters. If Fulham drop out the Prem and they don't get their ground issues sorted then I fear they may fold too!

I sometimes wonder why they bothered to re-build Wembley in the South. It a bit of a piss take when there is absolutely no government support for the national game in the south. Even a giant like Arsenal had a lot of trouble getting a stadium!

I say give the national Stadium to the northeners. All sports fans can then move north leaving the south to be used as one big retirment home!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here