Guy Butter - what a transformation.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think someone should send this thread to Mr Butters!

Solid player, playing very well. Our defensive record is second to none in the division sinc he's ben in the team - even Middelsbrough had severe trouble breaking us down.

Guy is here to stay! He could still work on his distribution a bit tho! :D

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Good game from Butters but he needed support and he got it from Peth!So for someone who was playing out of position i think we need to give him at least a little credit!:clap:But overall

WELL DONE BUTTERS! :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He has simply got better and better the more games he has played. Think he looks like he's enjoying it now as well.

I do agree with DP though, there might just be a strong possibility that his little internet adventure was the wake up call he needed. Nobody can argue he wasn't up to it last season, and I heard it said by at least one player that they thought the same, so maybe he was shocked into action. Whatever, I don't care what his reasons are as long as he continues in the current vein.

Good job fella! A defensive colossus. :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
what about the PFA player of the month votes or whatever the regular online poll is? When does this come up?

He has to (genuinely) be in with a shout.

Vote Guy!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
what rubbish
he's playing at a lower level this year agaist poorer forwards,stick him back in division one and he will look crap again ,he's three stone over weight and puff's like tomas the tank engine after a twenty yard dash down the pitch

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
what about the PFA player of the month votes or whatever the regular online poll is? When does this come up?

He has to (genuinely) be in with a shout.

Vote Guy!

I take it you've stopped wearing the Butters £5 ONO shirt then?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Got to give it to the fat lad, he's done well to get into shape and proven himself as a good player, i am proud that NSC is sponsoring him.

I agree with the earlier poster who pointed out that, despite missing Danny, our defence worked well. This isn't usually the case - witness the change when he went off in the Barnsley and Hartlepool games - and it was Butters on Saturday who provided the experience and the strength to hold the back line together. He was an immovable object when he needed to be, and moved up well, cutting out a lot of through balls when he needed to do that, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports