Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutterman resigns but Wrexham still in trouble - Sign the Petition

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Gutterman Quits Wrexahm

We Hepled the Downfall of the man we done too all involved and good luck to Wrexham :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
apparently its not that simple i don't think

from a wrexham fan on brightonfans.com

from wrexham

On behalf of the wrexham fans who appreciated your support in our chairman protest, well done for tonite and we will be supporting you at cardiff.
Of course...a chorus of 'Gutterman out' ten minutes into the match, with any remaining dismal jimmy red cards would be appreciated.
Good luck in the final, and good luck with falmer....plenty of us have signed your petition on the strength of your support.
Forget the chant....having bought the ground a fortnight ago he has now resigned as chairman........we will now have the guy he bought the ground off as chairman and the ex chairman will own the ground.
I smell shyte.

First of all congratulations for last night - but you left it late for your new Welsh fan club eh?

As for Wrexham from the frying pan to the fire springs to mind - two weeks ago Gutterman posed as our saviour when he announced he would buy the Racecourse ground from "nasty property developer" Alex Hamilton (a man who was/is in actual fact his business partner).
Now he has sold Wrexham to a Mr Alex Hamilton who has now been elected onto the board last night.

As Mr Hamilton now owns the freehold and the club, we now have no legal protection to keep football on the ground the Racecourse sits on (we did have until recently).
So expect a groundshare announcement soon with Widnes or Warrington RL clubs, a first step to taking football out of Wrexham - we'll be the new Wimbledon/Milton Keynes Dons situation.

The real battle begins now.

Best of luck next weekend, we're still cheering you on.

KEV JONES
East Anglian Reds

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:nono: sorry that really ain't on

is there anything else we can do?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
May I suggest an exquisite tome, Captain? If you can, purchase a copy of 'Build A Bonfire'. It chronicles Albion's woes 1995-97. Amongst other things, in there is a '10 ways to get rid of your chairman' piece. It may be relevant to you - it may not.

Let us know what we can do...

What's the FAW's attitude to Wrexham possibly being moved out of Wales? Do they have any powers?

I know they were not much help when Newport County were forced to play at Moreton-in-Marsh and Gloucester. But maybe things have changed.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is very, very bad news. This is NOT a Notts County, Oldham, Leeds etc etc situation with a badly-run club on the verge of bankruptcy - this is us all over again.

Stay in touch Captain, we're always up for a protest. Maybe this is where we need one of Ritchie Moirris's mad ideas!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
At the first thought when you hear that Gutterman has resigned you think "yes! fan power wins". Unfortunately it appears Wrexham are now in an even more perilous position. Hope things go ok for you guys, if you need any help with petitions and ideas etc then I think you'll find us very experienced in that area.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Meanwhile, at Wrexham...

Wrexham chairman resigns

Wrexham chairman Mark Guterman has resigned and sold his financial interest in the Second Division club to former business partner Alex Hamilton.
Just two weeks ago, Guterman said he intended to purchase the freehold on Wrexham's home back from Hamilton.

The pair bought the club two years ago but have continually struggled against cash-flow problems.

"In the main I have taken this decision purely for family and personal reasons," said Guterman.

In order to try to safeguard Wrexham's future, Guterman had planned to redevelop Wrexham's Racecourse Ground.

He wanted to build a hotel, conference centre and offices on grounds near the ground, but those plans now seem to be dead in the water.

"I would like to express my thanks to Wrexham Council for their help and support, particularly over my plans for the redevelopment of the Racecourse Ground," Guterman added in his resignation statement.

"I regret that unfortunately I will now not be able to take those plans forward."

Guterman's departure will rise fears among fans over Wrexham's future at the Racecourse.

Hamilton, a property consultant, is thought to have favoured a plan to move the club to a smaller new stadium on the outskirts of the town.

Guterman added: "When I took charge of the club it was going into administration, now two years later, after promotion to the Second Division and two FAW Premier Cup wins, it is true to say the club has success on the field of play during my tenure."

But Guterman's association with Wrexham has been dominated by financial strife, and only last month the players were paid late for the fourth time this season.

Link: BBC News

WrexhamAR

May 20, 2004
ta

Thanks Brighton, your support has been fantastic. We’re currently bombarding our local mp’s and assembly members etc but I feel we’ll have little or no effect. Unfortunately our club looks doomed all because some cretin wants to make a few million.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Will a Wrexham fan please PM me with details of which AMs have been targetted and what has been done? I am friendly with a few AMs in the South and will try to see if they will stand up and be counted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here