Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutless, Spineless and simply not good enough!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I appreciate that were not but that doesn't mean we cant mix it up, we were up against a team full of midgets today and lost a lot of 50/50s

I watched on a stuttering stream. I don't recall us losing out on much of the play. I do recall us being a bit too relaxed at times. Ulloa could have scored three. We had chances, but we didn't put them away. Oscar's mantra and style scores those. Our current players don't. Maybe a mismatch? Perhaps we'll see some great changes over the course of the summer.

All in all, I can't see what Oscar is doing wrong. We have possession and we do create chances. We create the same as Burnley and Derby and most of the other teams. The only stand outs are Leicester regarding efforts carved.

I thought we were worth 3 points (again, from the vantage of a flickering stream), but we didn't. No need to get too upset.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One bad game after two good wins. Perspective is always helpful. I'll judge after the seasons over. If we make the playoffs, in OGs first season, with all the injuries we've had, I'll see it as a very major success. We're still capable of that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I watched on a stuttering stream. I don't recall us losing out on much of the play. I do recall us being a bit too relaxed at times. Ulloa could have scored three. We had chances, but we didn't put them away. Oscar's mantra and style scores those. Our current players don't. Maybe a mismatch? Perhaps we'll see some great changes over the course of the summer.

All in all, I can't see what Oscar is doing wrong. We have possession and we do create chances. We create the same as Burnley and Derby and most of the other teams. The only stand outs are Leicester regarding efforts carved.

I thought we were worth 3 points (again, from the vantage of a flickering stream), but we didn't. No need to get too upset.

this sort of sense is generally only spoken when the disappointment of defeat has died away

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
One bad game after two good wins. Perspective is always helpful. I'll judge after the seasons over. If we make the playoffs, in OGs first season, with all the injuries we've had, I'll see it as a very major success. We're still capable of that.

But those short term stats are meaningless and you are right to say lets see how the season pans out BUT as someone posted earlier we have got 4 points from the last 12 at home and generally we do not look convincing as a team week in week out and that is very disappointing!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't think we played a lot different to the last couple of weeks if I'm honest. The main difference was we didn't have control of the midfield, Andrews and JFC were carried by Ince and didn't influence the game in a positive enough way. We missed the mobility of Stephens and didn't move the ball across the field as well as in previous games.

Our main problem however is the lack of goals throughout the side and our inefficiency in front of goal, none of our midfielders seem to weigh in with any goals.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I thought we'd blown it when we lost to Wigan at home.

I'm just not sure how many more chances were going to get to make the top 6.

We either need to take out chances or stop giving me false hope - it's killing me!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
The hand wringing after every defeat is getting boring now. This game could easily have been 2-0 the other way and whilst we were not at our most fluent we weren't that bad.

It's a setback sure but the play off chase is well and truly still on

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The hand wringing after every defeat is getting boring now. This game could easily have been 2-0 the other way and whilst we were not at our most fluent we weren't that bad.

It's a setback sure but the play off chase is well and truly still on

About where I am, we just do not seem to be able to go the extra mile at present but there will be further chances.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
This thread title could some up probably half the games this season to be fair, especially at home, from the games I've seen, maybe I've just been to the wrong ones?...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It's not the lack of guts that bothers me it's the fact there seems to be no leaders on the pitch. How many times in the past have we seen a dominant character drag the side through a game like yesterdays? Thats never going to happen with this team, too many preening nancies for that. Maybe in the summer we will add a bit of steel to the side after all even Barca had Puyol to provide some bite.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's always nice to read a completely contrary view of the match.
As opposed to all the other threads heaping praise on the team and performance.

I only watches the stream but thought that we were mugged. Apparently same as Wigan match.

Regardless of that I thought our approach play looked very good but as always, we don't take our chances. I still believe that we can reach the play offs. Doubt that we can win them though.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Another fantastic opportunity to get into the top 6 wasted, another chance to stake our claim as serious playoff candidates wasted and unfortunately with a spineless and nothing performance thrown in for good measure.

To be honest you could feel it from the off, the lack of tempo in our game and that feeling that it just wasn't going to be our day with too many players looking too slow and for some unknown reason just not up for it, i'm sure that wasn't the case but from my seat it looked like a tired group of players today. I cant knock Oscar for his team selection too much, i'm not sure what Stephens did wrong at Bolton to not get himself a start today as he looked good up north but im not the manager and it was more than a poor Andrews that lost us the game.

We can wave possession stats all day long but we just didn't have that edge to our game today and I wish for the life of me Oscar would come out and say we lacked that edge, we looked slow and deserved to lose which for me we did! Ipswich aren't world beaters, they spent most of the game being tidy at the back and hoofing 50 yard balls but in this division you cant have off days and expect not to get punished and our inconsistency will be our downfall as Ipswich were there for the taking.

It's just one of those seasons i'm afraid, were still in the mix of course we are but I HATE HATE HATE seeing my team produce nothing performances with no fight, no battle and no guts and today was one of them i'm afraid.

Two unnecessary goals given away, we lost because Kuschak was very poor yesterday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ridiculous thread title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here