Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going after this season?

Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always thought Alonso would stay at least one more season.
The way they're performing they'd be one of the faves for CL, and he'll want to prove he can win the title again and that it wasn't a fluke.
So, where does that leave our RDZ? Well tomorrow is vital. Liverpool's board will have noticed our performances against them last season. Perform tomorrow, and finish the season strongly and you'd have to think he has a good chance. Limp towards the line though and I'm not sure any of the big boys are taking a chance this summer.
We have a fixture list that overwhelmingly suggests limp towards the line.

Does RDZ have the character to do that in a manner that suggests he can cope with the pressure?

For me, 2024 suggests no.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not disagreeing with you, RDZ inherited a great squad. But in the first 6 games under GPot we'd beaten two sides who'd go on to he relegated, lost at at Fulham, and got an impressive win at Old Trafford and drawn at home to Newcastle. Think the fact we were 4th and just thumped Leicester slightly skewed things and clouded Todd Boehly's vision of how good he actually was
I know it traversed the off season, but we really were in an incredible run for potter’s last dozen or so games, starting with that 2-1 up the Arse and 1-0 at Spurs the following week.

Whereas Potter had to completely re-configure a team that had spent 2 seasons pragmatically fighting relegation, RDZ inherited a fearless team that was already used to taking on the big boys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it traversed the off season, but we really were in an incredible run for potter’s last dozen or so games, starting with that 2-1 up the Arse and 1-0 at Spurs the following week.

Whereas Potter had to completely re-configure a team that had spent 2 seasons pragmatically fighting relegation, RDZ inherited a fearless team that was already used to taking on the big boys.
And losing to the little boys. 😂
(Sorry I saw the open goal).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This whole thing about Potter leaving us in the top four, we were like 5 games in and just beaten a two sides at home that would end up relegated. Think there needs to be a little perspective. RDZ took that team to whole new level.
And two of those 6 games were against teams that ended up finishing top 4 and we picked up 4 points in those games. All we can do is play the fixture list and Potter had got us off to a great start that season, following on from our excellent form at the end of the previous season.

RDZ did take us up another level and Barber has admitted he’s changed the mentality at the club beyond just trying to be a top 10 side but it doesn’t take away from Potter leaving him a great base to work from (even if it did take Potter the best part of 3 seasons to find his magic formula with us).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So... My hope is:

1. Alonso stays where he is;
  2. Rangnick or Nagelsmann to Bayern;
  3. Amorim to Liverpool;
  4. O'Neil or Potter to Man United;

De Zerbi stays here and we reward that by brining in Locatelli and Iling-Junior? It's all falling into place...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We have a fixture list that overwhelmingly suggests limp towards the line.

Does RDZ have the character to do that in a manner that suggests he can cope with the pressure?

For me, 2024 suggests no.
Same, more whinging about injuries, fixture congestion and lack of backing in January incoming :down:

If he continues in the vein he’s been in recently I kind of hope TB shows him the door.

I live in hope that the RDZ who arrived here revisits though :smile:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't disagree with all of that, although at the start of last season we failed to score v Newcastle, scraped past Leeds, and couldn't break down Fulham. Blistering attacking football is a bit of a stretch based largely on us battering Leicester, and an on the beach Man U the season before. But clearly it was a good time for a new man to come in.

i just think right now we have one of the hottest prospect young coaches (not perfect, no) who 'gets' the fans, and it amazes people are so confident we'll just seamlessly find another one when it's going to be quite a tough gig with the raised expectations.

Still as long as he plays the right keeper people will be happy...
Oh gawd! - don't start another argument ('cos I won't join in!) I know I'm in a minority, but I think he stopped playing the right keeper in the middle of last season! Yeh, yeh, I know - I get it - he left us on a sour note so he's sh*t and all that! :)
His career has gone downhill since he left us though.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Quite refreshing to see a manager only 18 months into a job decide to stick around and try to achieve something - if you’re talented enough you’ll get future offers right ?

Potter and perhaps RDZ could learn something from that
This is what irritates me. Potter gave us more than three full seasons before leaving. RDZ will have done less than two seasons if he leaves in the summer.

Potter if anything was entitled to his move and yet is the bad guy whereas RDZ frankly isn’t entitled and yet people seem to think he is still the good guy. If RDZ goes in the summer he is the ultimate snake 🐍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So... My hope is:

1. Alonso stays where he is;
  2. Rangnick or Nagelsmann to Bayern;
  3. Amorim to Liverpool;
  4. O'Neil or Potter to Man United;

De Zerbi stays here and we reward that by brining in Locatelli and Iling-Junior? It's all falling into place...
Your first prediction looks likely to be correct.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a great look for the squad or prospective signings if a manager is unwilling to commit. Either he leaves or ‘mutual agreement’ to go in the summer for me

This whole thing about Potter leaving us in the top four, we were like 5 games in and just beaten a two sides at home that would end up relegated. Think there needs to be a little perspective. RDZ took that team to whole new level.
Exactly this. RDZ took over with a tough run of fixtures to start with too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is what irritates me. Potter gave us more than three full seasons before leaving. RDZ will have done less than two seasons if he leaves in the summer.

Potter if anything was entitled to his move and yet is the bad guy whereas RDZ frankly isn’t entitled and yet people seem to think he is still the good guy. If RDZ goes in the summer he is the ultimate snake 🐍
Yeah thanks Graham for the one home win in a year what excitement I wish he had gone sooner tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here