Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gut feeling - Albion saying up or going down?

Gut feeling staying up or going down?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are going to have to expand on that!

A couple of missed open goals, attempting to sit on a lead, selecting a spectacularly slow attacking 'force'.

You know the usual stuff.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If it's anything like the German games, who the hell knows? Apart from Bayern winning & Dortmund looking decent, all the teams look a bit all over the place, inconsistent and unfit. Really hard to predict games.

That said, I am an eternal pessimist, and am so frustrated that we are even any where near the bottom 3, that I voted that I think we'll go down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A couple of missed open goals, attempting to sit on a lead, selecting a spectacularly slow attacking 'force'.

You know the usual stuff.

When have we tried to sit on a lead? In fact when did we last have a bloody lead? Villa at home? Jack Grealish ALWAYS scores against us, the **** :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When have we tried to sit on a lead? In fact when did we last have a bloody lead? Villa at home? Jack Grealish ALWAYS scores against us, the **** :smile:

Throwing away 2 vital points at Selhurst, of all places,. instantly springs to mind.

Plus I really wanted to use the word 'tranche'.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've a feeling we'll stay up - but if we go down I won't really be that upset. I rather enjoyed us tearing teams a new hole when we were in the Championship.

An odd statement, but I'd rather we stayed up so that Uncle Tony could carry on getting back what he's put in. He's a brilliant owner and deserves to sit at the top table.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We had a decent start first time around with Potter's tactical nous.

We'll have another one with more of the same.

:bhasign:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Staying up. We are now a possession based team, an advantage when playing in heat. Goal difference won't be required.

It's not that much of an advantage when the opposition know you can't hit a cows arse with a banjo and will cough up at least 1 golden opportunity in front of your own goal.

As I've been saying:-

'Football will be the ruin of NSC'.

I’m tipping on the pessimist side of fence. It’s not quite happened for Potter but I guess there could still be 3 worse teams than us

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
No idea, the league under these circumstances is going to be a totally different animal. Will need to see which Brighton side turn up as well, as there are times when we have been both sublime and humiliatingly bad this season. So, fence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Down. We'll play ok but our games are too dificult and we still haven't won a game this year.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The time off could mean we slip out of that rut of shitness we were in, and we play happier football.

I’m basing this on the principle that on the rare occasions that I play football Now , I’m Always good for the first ten Minutes or so. It’s like I’ve forgotten that I’m shit. Then I revert to my standard poor man’s Gary Dicker self. Apply that to ten Premier League games and we might get over the line.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Staying up. We are now a possession based team, an advantage when playing in heat. Goal difference won't be required.

We seem to expend a lot of energy keeping possession or winning it back.

Whilst some other teams such as CP, Wolves and Watford are happy to forego possession, sit back, then mug teams on the counter. In heatwave conditions, they might prosper the most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here