Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Gus was an amazing manager for us - took us to a whole new level - I will never forget. I am pleased and proud of what Gus is achieving at Sunderland.
Its just that sometimes on nsc it feels like when a couple split up and one is still pining after the other and is unable to move on. That's all (almost)

PS very sad how the love affair ended ...

Pps not forgetting charlie + tanno !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus is the new (but still ongoing) Nooney.

Win and there's threads singing his praises, 2 weeks ago.
Lose and it's silence. Last week.
Win and we're back to praise again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes Gus is just like Nooney. Completely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes Gus is just like Nooney. Completely.
The only difference is the 'we never should have let Nooney leave' threads are usually about 18 months apart. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wait until Murray scores in the Prem!
Oh man alive, I hadn't thought of that.
That'll be trousertenttastic for the pencil necked Rodney's that just can't move on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Everything has been said about him. New thread on the home page every time Sunderland get a good result. :wrong:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well the answer is simple my friend, if you don't like the content of the thread, then don't read it. Everyone has the right to post a thread. Freedom of speech and all that.

I see what you're trying to do there, except it doesn't work. Threads titled "gus" or "Poyet" or "sunderland" or containing such words are clearly about Gus and/or his career since leaving us. If I don't have an interest in that I can avoid that thread just based on the title. I can't know that a thread contains a post from someone complaining about the thread existing until I read the thread.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Is it possible that you peeps would be happier posting on the Sunderland's fans forum.
Because I for one am heartily sick and tired of seeing thread after thread dedicated to Gus - and I was once one of his biggest fans.
Oscar is our manager now and I am glad. I prefer his style of football and I admire his class and I love the way he shakes the hand of each player and applauds the fans - instead of disappearing down the tunnel the moment the final whistle is blown.
Gus has gone, get over it. Time to move on, Oscar is our man now - and I am glad.

Totally agree

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Gus was sacked for gross misconduct. That's as bad as it gets with regards sackings. He made much of challenging the decision in court. He didn't which says a great deal .......

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
christ - yes gus did well for us until he f**ked it up for us in the play offs and got sacked for gross misconduct.

yet we still have to put up with the same old posters who clearly can't get over Gus leaving and who believe he can't have done any wrong and side with him over the club and Tony Bloom.

I am sorry but i am a supporter of the club and Tony Bloom without whom we would have no club. Gus Poyet is frankly an irrelevance and a footnote in the history of BHAFC.

The sooner some of you realise this the better.

Aug 23, 2011
Gus was sacked for gross misconduct. That's as bad as it gets with regards sackings. He made much of challenging the decision in court. He didn't which says a great deal .......

That could be for various reasons, he may be guilty but its probably a very grey area. Plus in employment one of the main reasons to challenge these things is to clear your name to enable getting another job, and since he got another job it all went quiet so you could read into that what you like but it could be simply that its a lot of effort for little reward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here