Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus was not saying...............

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
he would walk. For godsake actually watch and listen to the interview. He was basically saying there is no point in me being here if the players start hoofing it when I spend all week training them to pass it. Not I am going to walk.

So many people are saying on here that he is throwing his toys out of the pram and that he might flounce off and quit. BOLLOCKS. He has worked hard in football all his life and he is upset at the current situation, probably with himself and the players. He is trying to get them to realise that they need to buck up thier ideas, grow some balls and get back to the passing we know can work......like the 1st 20 mins v Palace and the 2nd half v Leeds.

This reminds me of when he changed our style right around when he joined. It all looked awful at times. Now we are SLOWLY having to learn and adapt to Champ football and with new players in key positions (defence and goal and attack, Paynter, Reyes and Harper) it may take time. Not to mention our last night we were missing Bridcutt, Reyes, Buckley and Vicente any team would miss thier 4 best players (apart from Man City).

I am worried as much as anyone else but to say Gus is wanting to leave is MENTAL. He had a rant after losing a game and playing poorly stop taking it so bloody literally.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
this is nsc forum,what do you expect from 70% on here

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
he would walk. For godsake actually watch and listen to the interview. He was basically saying there is no point in me being here if the players start hoofing it when I spend all week training them to pass it. Not I am going to walk.

So many people are saying on here that he is throwing his toys out of the pram and that he might flounce off and quit. BOLLOCKS. He has worked hard in football all his life and he is upset at the current situation, probably with himself and the players. He is trying to get them to realise that they need to buck up thier ideas, grow some balls and get back to the passing we know can work......like the 1st 20 mins v Palace and the 2nd half v Leeds.

This reminds me of when he changed our style right around when he joined. It all looked awful at times. Now we are SLOWLY having to learn and adapt to Champ football and with new players in key positions (defence and goal and attack, Paynter, Reyes and Harper) it may take time. Not to mention our last night we were missing Bridcutt, Reyes, Buckley and Vicente any team would miss thier 4 best players (apart from Man City).

I am worried as much as anyone else but to say Gus is wanting to leave is MENTAL. He had a rant after losing a game and playing poorly stop taking it so bloody literally.

Please stop writing sensible content. It will upset the moaners of NSC

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

But he's had a lot of rants and used the "Go Home" line a lot lately. He's also extended that in the past to include back to South America, so yes I hope he doesnt and dont think he'll walk, or be pushed, yet, but I think his "Go Home" comments are aimed at saying he will quit, and not that theres no point of him being there, as you are suggesting.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
But he's had a lot of rants and used the "Go Home" line a lot lately. He's also extended that in the past to include back to South America, so yes I hope he doesnt and dont think he'll walk, or be pushed, yet, but I think his "Go Home" comments are aimed at saying he will quit, and not that theres no point of him being there, as you are suggesting.

Yes and everytime he has said it it's been after defeat and things going wrong. As if he would say it in an after match interview if he really meant it. Wake up he is simply venting his frustration. I think we underestimate Gus's mind games on players and the board(trying to get more money). He started the interview by saying I need to be careful he obviously want to be harsher but choose what he said carefully. If he walks now no Prem team would touch him and I doubt a decent champ team would. He will leave when we are either in the Prem or damn near it!

Last edited:

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009

I think people are taking what he said far too literally! OP is right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here