Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus thinks we are only a 7 or 7.5 out of 10 and only expects a top ten finish

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
According to the Argus today.

More expectation realignment me thinks, and yet he knows we are going to scorch this division. :thumbsup:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
.....or its motivation for the players to prove they are better than that, and a cue for us fans to not have too high expectations.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That comment probably sums up how deluded the majority of our fans are.

This comment sums up how so many people don't understand the word "irony":lolol:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This comment sums up how so many people don't understand the word "irony":lolol:

633745193338706810-Irony.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On that basis, and at a guess, 8 out of 10 would be good enough for the play-off places so not nearly as much improvement needed as this time last year. We should improve defensively with Greer playing so the key, as it always has been, is scoring enough goals that we don't drop points in the many close games that we could or should win. Over the last few seasons we have had less clear cut (two, three, or more goals margin) wins than any team likely to be in contention and as we well know, one goal margins too often turn from a victory to a draw and from a draw to defeat.

I'm pretty confident that Sandaza will score 10+ goals over the season and although I think he will start off partnering Murray I have a feeling that he will be more effective alongside Barnes as he is "busier" than Murray and more likely to complement Sandaza's style of play (based on the very little we have seen on youtube) . That's not a criticism of Murray who I think will be our top scorer of the three but even if he is mostly used as a sub I would expect Barnes to get time on the pitch in most games and he should get a fair few goals - I really rate him unlike many on here.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Can I just point out, that IF we had played and beaten The Janners on Saturday..... We would be top of the table!!

Ok maybe 2nd on GD!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
On that basis, and at a guess, 8 out of 10 would be good enough for the play-off places so not nearly as much improvement needed as this time last year. We should improve defensively with Greer playing so the key, as it always has been, is scoring enough goals that we don't drop points in the many close games that we could or should win. Over the last few seasons we have had less clear cut (two, three, or more goals margin) wins than any team likely to be in contention and as we well know, one goal margins too often turn from a victory to a draw and from a draw to defeat.

I'm pretty confident that Sandaza will score 10+ goals over the season and although I think he will start off partnering Murray I have a feeling that he will be more effective alongside Barnes as he is "busier" than Murray and more likely to complement Sandaza's style of play (based on the very little we have seen on youtube) . That's not a criticism of Murray who I think will be our top scorer of the three but even if he is mostly used as a sub I would expect Barnes to get time on the pitch in most games and he should get a fair few goals - I really rate him unlike many on here.

get a grip. barnes is rubbish. murray is a class act. but neither will be starting on saturday. have you been watching Gus and his tactics AT ALL sir? it'll be one up top (El Mariachi) with 2 out wide pushed on (lua lua and bennet). Murrey to come on and replace El Mariachi around the 65 minute mark.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I seem to remember Harry Redknapp doing the same last season with regard to Spurs making the Champions League. It's sensible for a manager to keep mainly his players feet on the ground, and the fans expectations. Very sensible press release from GP.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
get a grip. barnes is rubbish. murray is a class act. but neither will be starting on saturday. have you been watching Gus and his tactics AT ALL sir? it'll be one up top (El Mariachi) with 2 out wide pushed on (lua lua and bennet). Murrey to come on and replace El Mariachi around the 65 minute mark.

Think it will be otherway round. Murray to start with Sandaza coming on maybe as replacement for Murray or to join him depending how things are going. 4-5-1 (4-3-3) with Lua Lua and Bennett on wings.

Sep 1, 2010
6-10th is what i thought and expect, he is right, we at best a top 10 team, but this is progress. i know its only early but look where we were last year

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The best ground in the 3rd division next season.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Think it will be otherway round. Murray to start with Sandaza coming on maybe as replacement for Murray or to join him depending how things are going. 4-5-1 (4-3-3) with Lua Lua and Bennett on wings.

I think he will start 4-4-2

Ankergren
Calderon Greer Elph Painter
Bennett Sparrow Kish (holding) Lua Lua
Murray Sandanza

This lookes to be our strongest team - what is good is that we are now flexible and can easily switch to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To correct above snotty posts:

Gus has repeatedly said he would prefer to play 4-4-2, so expect a Murray / Sandaza partnership with Bennett and LuaLua on the wings...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think he will start 4-4-2

Ankergren
Calderon Greer Elph Painter
Bennett Sparrow Kish (holding) Lua Lua
Murray Sandanza

This lookes to be our strongest team - what is good is that we are now flexible and can easily switch to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3

Snap! And agree with the personnel too...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

We played a diamond 4-4-2 against Walsall so we may go with two up top again.

Problem is I dont think you can play LuaLua and Bennett in a diamond, so it's either going to be a flat 4-4-2 or the old 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here