Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus the bullshitter

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The statement clearly states that Gus Poyet has been informed of the decision to terminate his contract. Gus was playing the sympathy card last night, which is ironic as he has lost mine.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just seen the bbc thing and he clearly knew. He is talking bollocks, he reckons he's had no contact with any players or staff ?? I question that !

Erm, he was told he could not contact them for legal reasons.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Gus is the greatest actor since Sir Larry walked this planet based on last nights' performance. Absolutely childish way of conducting himself. I hope the club are somehow able to completely rip apart with concrete evidence his claim that he was 'fired on air'. Unfortunately I fear that we'll never have the same platform that Gus was afforded last night to be able to do so!

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah it's all utter balls! People are so desperate for someone to blame...

That is the media all over in this country. Fantastic headlines thou, Gus Sacked Live on Air. Thing is only us Brighton supporters know who is wrong and who is right.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A sensible thread. Yes he was good for a long period of his time at the club but has gotten far too big for his boots, he clearly over values his own stock and has now got his p45. He was clearly playing to the crowd last night. He has burnt his bridges with me as a fan. I no longer care what he did for us. He thought he was a king, in fact he was a pawn. Onwards and upwards.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Gus is full of it. The club statement clearly shows he knew all about it. The BBC trying to get an exclusive live on air. Pathetic.

Some of the BBC radio commentary have been very pro Gus, and perhaps even litigious, five live and radio two news made reference to it being a poor show, and one made a flippant " and so he should" comment after the reader said Gus planned to challenge the decision in an appeal.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Gus deserves an Oscar for that performance…and we will get Oscar.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rubbish - he looked shellshocked.

Lots of revisionists here tonight.

I've just watched it, I'd hardly describe it as shell shocked!? He looked reasonable comfortable I thought, carefully considered answers, very little emotion in his voice. Looked like they worked out what was going to be asked etc.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Like others have said I saw the tweet from diego timed about 7pm saying no more trips to the amex. Gus knew and was used the opportunity to get some support and the bbc helped

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Like others have said I saw the tweet from diego timed about 7pm saying no more trips to the amex. Gus knew and was used the opportunity to get some support and the bbc helped
Shame nobody got a screen shot of that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Shame nobody got a screen shot of that.

Its a matter of record, it can be legally retrieved if there is an escalation and the courts need it as evidence. I doubt it will come to that though.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's funny how all these people on BBC, 5 Live, Radio 2, Lineker etc. all think it is a poor show from Brighton when presumably they have absolutely no idea why he has been sacked, like the rest of us! I find it very unlikely that Poyet would be telling everyone within TV, Radio and Football what he has been accused of doing especially when he has been told not to for legal reasons!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here