Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus stop going on about other clubs

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
So Gus is going back to manage Chelsea, Spurs, Real Zaragoza and Leeds. Oh, and possibly Uruguay or England. All good clubs, so good luck to him. But at the moment he is loving it as Brighton manager. If he really wanted to go to leeds he could have gone last month.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Stark it may be, but he is a professional manager.
Do chairmen or fans keep faith and diplomacy with managers?
Not on your nellie!

(who tf says not on your nellie?)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Poyet's nickname as a player was 'The Radio' because he never shut up. I guess it shows his passion and enthusiasm- deal with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like that Gus is honest. Much better than many managers that claim to be at a club for the long-haul and then move on at the first opportunity.

The average life span of a manager at any club is less than 18 months. Gus has been with us for twice that amount of time so he must be enjoying his 'project'.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I really don't care what he is harping on about.

His main role is the Albion which takes up a vast amount of his time which he is paid well for, he is however, also entitled to talk about what he wants.

Get over yourself

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh GUS PLEASE DON'T LEAVE MEEEE! Love me!! Need ME!

etc.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The average life span of a manager at any club is less than 18 months. Gus has been with us for twice that amount of time so he must be enjoying his 'project'.

Absolutely, how many clubs have been given permission to talk to Gus; Reading (definitely), Wolves (allegedly). The opportunity to move to clubs with bigger budgets has been there and Gus has turned it down. He clearly has a vision for Brighton and, for the foreseeable future, he intends to stick with it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I don't really care what he says about other clubs. Why is everybody being so thin skinned about this anyway? As long as he keeps putting out teams that do the business then I'm happy. We have progressed up the league every year that he's been with us. As far as I'm concerned the man is still an absolute star.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't tell my girlfriend that I will be getting back with my ex sooner or later. Show some respect gus

Probably close to the worst analogy I have ever read on NSC.

Unless your girlfriend is paying you a wage to be with her for a set-length of time as did your previous girlfriend....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pathetic as it sounds, that's how I feel. When we're playing like this, anyway ...

Gus is bloody loving it here. I couldn't be less worried at the moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because he doesn't think before he answers. Shirley some diplomacy is needed in respect of our club and fans.,
Oh who gives a shit. So you could have a Dougie - Palace through and through, he'll be there for years - hold on, a chance to manage a club lower down the league than Palace - see ya.
Or you could have Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp who said "I will not go down the road - no chance." - and then he went down the road.
And when he went back to Pompey he said "I really am sure it is my last job" - before going to Spurs, and now QPR.

So Gus is a flirt and says nice things about all the clubs he's been involved with - whoopdy do. At least he's stayed here when other clubs have called.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There really are some bed-wetting, in-secure fools on here.

He is a very honest manager, we have all known this for a long time. He has had chances to move on, and hasn't, so lets just the enjoy the ride?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As we all know Gus said this after Palace:

Poyet, whose side remain seventh in the table but are now just six points behind Palace, said: "It's my best day here as manager.

"The day we went up from League One was special. But this is the best day by far.

"I become a fan of the club I am working at or playing for, it's how I am.

"And at this football club you know one thing - you need to beat Palace.

"This was a day to stop time and stay here forever. I would like it to be the last game of the season, or a last at a club, or the last of your career."

-------------------------

By his own admission he is a Leeds fan, as well as Chelsea, Spurs, Zaragoza etc.... But most importantly he is currently our manager, but he knows that if it all goes pear-shaped in the next 12-24 months he will likely be looking for a new job, why upset any future employers by slagging them off in the press.

Journalists ask questions, and Gus is good copy. Better than the usual platitudes that come out of other managers mouths.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
"special relationship with the Leeds supporters". He was only there for a year for God's sake. Terrible behaviour. Please go then Gus.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't tell my girlfriend that I will be getting back with my ex sooner or later. Show some respect gus

Please tell me you're not seriously comparing being in a relationship with being an employee ??? :facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
"special relationship with the Leeds supporters". He was only there for a year for God's sake. Terrible behaviour. Please go then Gus.

Do you need your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/dog to tell you that they love you every morning and night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here