Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus still relaxed re:LuaLua

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Gus still pretty relaxed re-LuaLua. Update on various topics from the boss in The Argus tomorrow

Brian Owen (twitter)

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
Why would they so desperately want it announced? Its Lua Lua, not Jesus like some people seem to think. He will be confirmed when gus thinks it is right. Dont know why people are soo paranoid. If Gus is relaxed about the situation then its fine

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Newcastle start training on 5 July 2011.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was gonna make a comment, but it has been done to death so I won't. I am more intrigued by whom else might be joining us

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I was at the Amex today for a tour and was told the stumbling block is the medical and to do with his ankle. They are trying to get it sorted and he still looks likely to sign but its all to do with being able to get him insured etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was at the Amex today for a tour and was told the stumbling block is the medical and to do with his ankle. They are trying to get it sorted and he still looks likely to sign but its all to do with being able to get him insured etc.

That, from what i've heard adds up and is the truth IMO...

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Finally! Something which actually sounds reasonable and from a good source (although not 100% they would just tell anyone). Iv'e always thought that even if he did fail his medical he would sign, as it's nothing we didn't already know, just some extra paperwork to be sorted out by all parties involved.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From that can we assume Newcastle played him when he wasn't 100% or has it been aggravated since the games he played at the end of the season? Guess we'll never know.

Maybe. But maybe the break just healed slightly funny or something and it flagged up...? I really dunno how medicals work...

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Cos its in the bag like i said before. Waiting for another signing then they will be confirmed together.

I may be missing the point here but why wait to announce it. If Lua Lua is coming, then announce it. The feel good factor twice would be immense with the special signing especially after Elliott Bennett and Glen Murray's departures and though we have acquired 2 main players, at the moment they are untested in Gus's way of playing the negotiations must now be down to pounds, shillings and pence.

I believe someone else has come in for him and a bidding war is going on behind the scenes. If it's Paul Lambert again then feck him. This situation concerns me a little, in fact seems reminiscent of when Reading kept knocking at our door stealing our players and ultimately our manager. As for the Special Player, with pre-season training starting next Monday, this business would ideally be done in time for that

Last edited:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Maybe. But maybe the break just healed slightly funny or something and it flagged up...? I really dunno how medicals work...

I think they mainly check out longer term stuff (ie bones which haven't healed) but as I said earlier I don't think we found anything out we didn't already know, just a case of confirming it all and then sorting out some minor admin stuff.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I may be missing the point here but why wait to announce it. If Lua Lua is coming, then announce it. The feel good factor twice would be immense especially after Elliott Bennett and Glen Murray's departures and though we have acquired 2 main players, at the moment they are untested in Gus's way of playing the negotiations must now be down to pounds, shillings and pence.

I believe someone else has come in for him and a bidding war is going on behind the scenes. If it's Paul Lambert again then feck him. This situation concerns me a little, in fact seems reminiscent of when Reading kept knocking at our door stealing our players and ultimately our manager. As for the Special Player, with pre-season training starting next Monday, this business would ideally be done in time for that

I guess we will find out in tomorrows argus! I don't think that has happened otherwise Gus wouldn't be "relaxed". I'm still confident Lualua meant he would only play for BHA if he didn't stay a newcastle, but as they say there is not loyalty in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here