Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus staying?

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Wrong - North America and South America are the continents. Mexico is in North America.

Central America is the geographical region consisting of Guatemala through to Panama & so doesn't include Mexico.

Correct definitly North America.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
For what it's worth (and I agree that's very little) this is my take:

- It's in both Gus's and the club's best interests to resolve this amicably;
- There is potentially £2m at stake in lost compensation if BHA simply sacks Gus;
- There are likely to be a number of clubs interested in Gus;
- It's difficult to line up another manager before getting rid of Gus (for obvious contractual reasons);
- Hence, the best way forward is to agree with Gus he can talk to other clubs, whilst at the same time Gus agrees we can line up a new manager without risk of a constructive dismissal claim;
- As soon as Gus is sorted with a new club (hopefully v soon), BHA can announce the name of the new manager (who will have been patiently waiting in the wings;
- Confidentiality agreements are signed by all and sundry, and everyone moves on.

This is all entirely speculation on my behalf - I have absolutely zero info (inside or otherwise) - but it would seem a sensible way forward for all concerned.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If true, Gus will be hacked off I reckon on missing out on Wayne Bridge.

D

Deleted member 2719

Business is business, and Gus is good for business.

Really, he cost us £120m this season by missing straight promotion and then cocking up the playoff at home.

I don't trust Gus to learn by his mistakes personally.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Wrong - North America and South America are the continents. Mexico is in North America.

Central America is the geographical region consisting of Guatemala through to Panama & so doesn't include Mexico.

Just less than 1/3rd of mexico does not sit on the north american plate.

Dont pull that continent mumbo jumbo.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The rumour I keep hearing is, he is off to Real Zaragoza and the two people in the frame to be manager are previously mentioned OGS and Tim Sherwood.

Shame, OGS would be OK, but Rangnick is the one I'd love to see appointed.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
From what I have seen and heard from around and about, this seasons budget will be at least equal to last seasons budget.
I would love to have Gus back in charge, if Gus wants it.
But I don't want to hear how much he loves Leeds, how his budget is so small that just staying up is an achievement or that he is anywhere near the fecking ceiling unless we are finishing 4th in the Premier league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only possible way Poyet will be here next season is if. A- Nobody wants him enough to pay up or B- Bloom can't find enough money to pay him off....Either scenario would be very bad news for us moving forward...But it 100% isn't going to happen.

Tony could clearly pay Gus off, but the issue is more likely (a) does he think he should, or (b) would a pay off come out of our FFP restricted budget, or does it fall outside of FFP ( and I've no idea about that ).

Personally I want Gus to go, and go now, but if he stays and Tony is happy, then he gets my support - Until he starts his touting shenanigans again, or is conspicuously the only manager who doesn't rule himself out of a vacancy, when others are doing so.

NAFTA - Mexico, USA, Canada all practicipate under the North American Free Trade Agreement...Mexico has always been "North America"

I work in the International postage/freight business, USA and Canada are North America, Mexico is classed as Central America.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think we can all agree that saying Mexico is in South America is crazy talk, that's like saying the UK is in Africa. What type of facts are those? :nono:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I am sorry but Gus has to go. For all the positives I don't want someone here who is always thinking the grass is greener and is not afraid to air that view all too frequently.

In addition, the rose tinted specs will be in the minority now and the moment we stutter the crowd would be on his back without a thought and he would know that.

If he ends up staying it will be for the wrong reason I.e. all the other jobs he perceived to be better have gone!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think we can all agree that saying Mexico is in South America is crazy talk, that's like saying the UK is in Africa. What type of facts are those? :nono:

ah yes, but is Gibraltar in Africa?

Didn't the rock that is Gibraltar once sit with Africa, Gibraltar is British, therefore a part of Britain is African.

???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have no better options than Gus and Gus has no better options than us, so we may as well kiss and make up, just to end this farce now.

Pj2000

Jan 2, 2012
Worthing
Harry always has a nice little holiday before signing

Look Harry is coming , he likes his holiday before making any decision, needs time to spread all that hard earned retirement .....?.....?...?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The accusation that Gus touts himself doesn't stand up to scrutiny in my opinion. There is no proof he spoke to Reading or Wolves, Leeds, who he is meant to be flirting with only changed their manager two months ago, and I pretty sure Gus was never mentioned seriously for it, and if, a big if Spurs or Chelski ever came in for him, I would personally have no problem with him going. Unlike most of our support, he wasn't born in Sussex, so. Should show no more loyallty than any other salaried employeem

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The accusation that Gus touts himself doesn't stand up to scrutiny in my opinion. There is no proof he spoke to Reading or Wolves, Leeds, who he is meant to be flirting with only changed their manager two months ago, and I pretty sure Gus was never mentioned seriously for it, and if, a big if Spurs or Chelski ever came in for him, I would personally have no problem with him going. Unlike most of our support, he wasn't born in Sussex, so. Should show no more loyallty than any other salaried employeem

Although he did say that he becomes a supporter of every club he works for. So we're in the list with Zaragoza, Chelsea, Tottenham, Swindon and Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here