Gus staying?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever - I just want this sorted one way or the other this week. I've supported the Albion for the last 50 years and will continue to do so until I die. Although this has been a destabilising few weeks some of the crap posted on here has been unbelievable. Whoever the manager is I'll be 110% behind them and so should everyone else who calls themselves a fan.

Loyalty is to be applauded, but one cannot give more than 100%, unless you are giving blood too, perhaps?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
He has had 3 clubs agree the release fee for him. The club in 2 of those called him and said the clause had ben met and he is free to talk to them but the club would like him to stay, he is doing a good job etc...
On one occasion the club spoke to him and said he was free to talk as the release clause was met. No smoose no we want you.

He spoke to all the clubs but felt he wanted the project here. Yes he wants more funds but accepts not always forthcoming, accepts the restriction.
He was now unsure on the future not because Reading wanted him, but did Brighton?
He went into self preservation mode - did anyone spot a change in attitude recently?

Of course this is just my opinion.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

He definitely spoke to them. It was confirmed to a friend of mine by one of the management team.

According to people in this thread he absolutely, total fact, from highest possible source did not. People in this thread also claim he absolutely, total fact, from highest possible source did. So clearly there's some misinformation out there masquerading as reputable fact. It could be no complaints were raised because the club gave him permission, or no complaint was raised because he didn't talk to them. It could be either way, and I'm not overly bothered, my comment was intended more tongue in cheek about the contradictions of things on here that various people know as absolute fact because of someone reputable and close to the situation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
According to people in this thread he absolutely, total fact, from highest possible source did not. People in this thread also claim he absolutely, total fact, from highest possible source did. So clearly there's some misinformation out there masquerading as reputable fact. It could be no complaints were raised because the club gave him permission, or no complaint was raised because he didn't talk to them. It could be either way, and I'm not overly bothered, my comment was intended more tongue in cheek about the contradictions of things on here that various people know as absolute fact because of someone reputable and close to the situation.

IF he didn't meet with Reading and yet a number of papers reported he did, then what conspiracy theory would explain neither GP nor BHAFC denying that talks took place?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

That's fair enough and the joys of NSC.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

in one of the pre-match interviews Charlie definitely said he did not talk to them and I believe he was in Barbados at this time and I suppose it was possible that he spoke to them on the phone and said NO

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
in one of the pre-match interviews Charlie definitely said he did not talk to them and I believe he was in Barbados at this time and I suppose it was possible that he spoke to them on the phone and said NO

Charlie also said it took him three days to get hold of Gus by phone, in the same interview. Tanno, when asked, said 'no disrepect but it was Reading'.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
This is the second time this argument has kicked off. I fear it has the makings of being as controversial and subjective as "did Poyet talk to Reading with the required permission?".

NAFTA - Mexico, USA, Canada all practicipate under the North American Free Trade Agreement...Mexico has always been "North America"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Texas was once Mexican. Texas is North America, so Mexico is too. Remember The Alamo!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
IF he didn't meet with Reading and yet a number of papers reported he did, then what conspiracy theory would explain neither GP nor BHAFC denying that talks took place?

The same one that means they aren't discussing his current suspension: the club are a professional outfit that does not comment on rumours and speculation.

Gafones

Jul 28, 2009
Brighton
Gus-Poyet dream.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports