Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus staying?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That's because he hasn't. He rents that house from the chairman of Charlton

Is that really true? In which case it blows a lot of people out of the water.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Spoke to a well respected figure close to the club hierarchy less than 2 hours ago and he said the complete opposite.

This is right up there with Who shot JR? (God I love the 1980's), we just need an outcome, whichever way it goes, soon.

agree that either way it needs to be soon. no indication of poss timings from your source?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm probably not supposed to post this because I'm anti-Gus (apparently :shrug:), but this would be the best outcome. It's his squad that play his way, there is no concern over a language barrier. The sooner it happens the sooner we can get excited about next season.

Pfft! You just want him to come back so you can moan at him some more because you hate him!!!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Please, show me one official article that says Gus considered the Reading job.

I'd welcome Gus back quite easily to be honest. It's like a relationship, that first big fallout then you set your differences aside and move on even closer and stronger than you were before.

The Seagulls boss ended two days of reports that he was considering a move to Reading when he confirmed on Thursday he was staying at The Amex. reported by the Argus and various other papers and what with the Albion’s directors meeting refs reports linking Poyet with a move. Do you honesty think it was only a rumour?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm very much on the fence about Gus' future at the Albion.

I really can't see him staying, the board have clearly lost trust in Gus and he surely has lost trust and confidence in the board.

He's done a fantastic job but when all parties are at a stand off surely there can only be one outcome. All parties need to cut their losses and move on.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
No, he 100% didn't and I know that for a FACT. He WANTED to talk to them, but he wasn't allowed to. I have literally no doubt at ALL in who gave me that information. None at all.

He did speak to reading and considered it very seriously

My sauce .... He told me himself.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The only possible way Poyet will be here next season is if. A- Nobody wants him enough to pay up or B- Bloom can't find enough money to pay him off....Either scenario would be very bad news for us moving forward...But it 100% isn't going to happen.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
best football 4 -30 years :albion2:but if he dont want to be here and we are just a stepping stone? best he goes very very soon :tantrum:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So after all he has said and done you lot would welcome him back with open arms? He's played us like a fool. Thought Mr Bloom was a world class poker player? Seems Gus has seen his hand. In any event. I won't hide the fact I do not like Gus but as a fan I have to stick by the club on their choice. :/

Well what HAS he done?, nobody knows, thereby lies the root of the problem, If we knew then maybe we could make a decision as to whether we still wanted him at the helm of our Club.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
By Reading? But from our side? Do you have any information which suggests Brighton gave Poyet permisssion to speak with Reading?

Im not the most reliable on this but at the time I was certain he spoke to Reading with permission from our club but he rejected it. Ive even heard rumours on here he was upset that Albion gave him permission to speak to Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here