Gus staying?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have any Spanish clubs got money apart from the top ones? Orlandi commented on how some players didn't get their wages in the bank at all.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
One badly misjudged post-match interview vs 3 1/2 years of quality football?

Of course you'd ****ing take him back. Like a shot.

One? lol
slap_zps7f12c480.gif

paulfair

Feb 2, 2009
Gus staying

Does anyone really think an emoticon would have inside info?

No one has mentioned that Gus has put his house up for sale,if he was staying why would he need to do that unless he was moving down here which i would doubt.I think it is more logical to think he is keeping his options open to move to where his next job is likely to be.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does anyone really think an emoticon would have inside info?
It is probably as well informed as all of the posters claiming to have heard something.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I don't have issue with any other post matches he's done, because I'm not a needy jealous insecure possessive 12 year old girl.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hope not. I'll thank him for what he has done here but it's time to move on.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I don't have issue with any other post matches he's done, because I'm not a needy jealous insecure possessive 12 year old girl.

So you were happy that he considered the reading job? talking to the players after the palarse game on Tuesday saying he may not be the manager next season ? ETC ETC ok then.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hopefully this doesn't count as speculation, as just passing on something I've heard from a: :cheery:

That suspensions have been lifted and Gus is due to have a meeting with the board when he returns from Barbados to sort out budgets and the like for next year.

No idea as to its authenticity though.

Spoke to a well respected figure close to the club hierarchy less than 2 hours ago and he said the complete opposite.

This is right up there with Who shot JR? (God I love the 1980's), we just need an outcome, whichever way it goes, soon.

Stumpy Tim

No one has mentioned that Gus has put his house up for sale,if he was staying why would he need to do that unless he was moving down here which i would doubt.I think it is more logical to think he is keeping his options open to move to where his next job is likely to be.

That's because he hasn't. He rents that house from the chairman of Charlton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So you were happy that he considered the reading job? talking to the players after the palarse game on Tuesday saying he may not be the manager next season ? ETC ETC ok then.

Please, show me one official article that says Gus considered the Reading job.

I'd welcome Gus back quite easily to be honest. It's like a relationship, that first big fallout then you set your differences aside and move on even closer and stronger than you were before.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
So after all he has said and done you lot would welcome him back with open arms? He's played us like a fool. Thought Mr Bloom was a world class poker player? Seems Gus has seen his hand. In any event. I won't hide the fact I do not like Gus but as a fan I have to stick by the club on their choice. :/

Not sure how you have come to that conclusion.

Gus thought he would have premier league clubs clambering for him and that is clearly not the case. He may possibly be in the frame for the Wigan role, which I believe to be a sideways step at best.

He has thrown his toys out of the pram and if he does not stay then he been left with sideways move at best. He has hardly played a great hand has he?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm probably not supposed to post this because I'm anti-Gus (apparently :shrug:), but this would be the best outcome. It's his squad that play his way, there is no concern over a language barrier. The sooner it happens the sooner we can get excited about next season.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hopefully this doesn't count as speculation, as just passing on something I've heard from a: :cheery:

That suspensions have been lifted and Gus is due to have a meeting with the board when he returns from Barbados to sort out budgets and the like for next year.

No idea as to its authenticity though.

Tomorrows thread will be " Gus going to Wigan "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports