Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For me its Palace > Liverpool > Leeds

The presumption is this Shankly guy has got his ticket from one of the players, perhaps one of Noone's 20, or Elphick's, so, what do you do...?

I recall many people on here bragging about they've got tickets in away ends before to see Brighton games - is it not one of the hallmarks of 'superfandom' to take any means necessary to get tickets to see your team live?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Utterly embarrassing, and shows KD as the shit manager that he is. Great cheerleader. Great name to encourage people to join. Terrible manager.

It took Liverpool years to recover from the dreadful ageing squad he left behind last time round. This will end the same.

The Carroll thing is hilarious. Of course LFC fans will try to justify it by claiming it was 'Chelsea's money anyway'.

Which is a stupid, stupid argument.

If some freak paid me £100 for my packed lunch, I'd laugh, then buy a new £4 lunch for £4. I wouldn't rush out and insist on paying £75 for a Big Mac, just because I had it.

Exactly. That should have been in a Martin Samuel column, very good. They could have bought Zamora for about £10m tops, and he'd have done a much better job for them, linking the play up, plus he can actually play football.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For me its Palace > Liverpool > Leeds

The presumption is this Shankly guy has got his ticket from one of the players, perhaps one of Noone's 20, or Elphick's, so, what do you do...?

I recall many people on here bragging about they've got tickets in away ends before to see Brighton games - is it not one of the hallmarks of 'superfandom' to take any means necessary to get tickets to see your team live?

But not bragging on the opposition's site on the presumption that of course it was fine. And if he has got it through a player then I'm pretty sick. Noone is clearly a Liverpool fan and I thought a decent lad but Brighton fans pay his wages.

PG

SouthCoastShankly

Sep 20, 2011
You are the very embodiment of all aspects of the disgusting circus that the Premiership has become. In your case, an arrogant, self-imporant posturing 'fan', thinking they're reading a situation from snippets themselves taken from second-, third- and fourth-hand sources, and telling teams how to go about their business.

Personally, I am delighted Tony Bloom is being relatively penurious with his budgets. We have climbed and fought our way out of trouble via the indigenous route on the back of a collective effort involving players, managers, fans, directors, supporters and the local community. You have lived on Easy Street since you dropped your trousers and bent over for Sky, and have no idea what it took to get from where we were to where we are.

So please, don't ever lecture Brighton & Hove Albion, its supporters or the management on the back of 'knowing someone at the club'.

Oh please. You don't think Tony Bloom is creaming his pants over the additional revenue tomorrows televised game will bring in from Sky, not to mention the increased TV money from the Championship itself. From the Championship onwards, football is all about money. Wages, transfer fees, agent fees, TV money, naming rights, etc. If you want to be one of the big teams you have to play the money game.

There's no room for sentimental bullshit about the Premiership circus. I'm afraid if you want to be part of the Premiership you're going to have to embrace spending. Some of you are stuck in the dark ages!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh please. You don't think Tony Bloom is creaming his pants over the additional revenue tomorrows televised game will bring in from Sky, not to mention the increased TV money from the Championship itself. From the Championship onwards, football is all about money. Wages, transfer fees, agent fees, TV money, naming rights, etc. If you want to be one of the big teams you have to play the money game.

There's no room for sentimental bullshit about the Premiership circus. I'm afraid if you want to be part of the Premiership you're going to have to embrace spending. Some of you are stuck in the dark ages!

Are you some kind of retard?

Of course the club is pleased to have the higher income that being in the Championship brings. that will translate into a bigger budget. It doesn't mean an unlimited budget though, to start trebling everybody's wages to try to compete with Prem clubs. The club will live within its means - its as simple as that.

SouthCoastShankly

Sep 20, 2011
Are you some kind of retard?

Of course the club is pleased to have the higher income that being in the Championship brings. that will translate into a bigger budget. It doesn't mean an unlimited budget though, to start trebling everybody's wages to try to compete with Prem clubs. The club will live within its means - its as simple as that.

Come on, less of the insults. Every time I sat with you lot you've been nothing but polite and well behaved.

You can't have it both ways. You can mock the spending on Andy Carroll. Inflated yes, but no more than every other young British talent. But when you're forced to over pay for a player you'll understand.

I suspect if Carroll scores the winner, you'll be harping on about how your only a Championship side and he should score against you.

Of all the forums I have been to you lot top the lot for defensive behaviour. And all because some bloke (Tony Meolas Loan Spell) started booing because I had a free ticket in the home end.

f*** me. :D

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I think we're more interested in making sure we have a club which is financially sustainable first. We are walking before we are running, and all that. We don't have the capital in the first place to play dumb over-the-top silly wages or £35m in car-crash write-off transfers. So we won't.

Of course the money is helpful to the running of the club, but it's not as if he NEEDS it in order to survive. Not everyone has avarice as their prime motivator.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I supported Liverpool when I was eight. Soon grew out of that phase when Brighton and Hove Albion came on the scene. No idea how someone could support a club with no real connection to the place.

My knock off Liverpool scarf was discarded 20 odd years ago.

A couple of close friends are plastic Liverpool. Boring as hell to have a football discussion with them.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Come on, less of the insults. Every time I sat with you lot you've been nothing but polite and well behaved.

You can't have it both ways. You can mock the spending on Andy Carroll. Inflated yes, but no more than every other young British talent. But when you're forced to over pay for a player you'll understand.

I suspect if Carroll scores the winner, you'll be harping on about how your only a Championship side and he should score against you.

Of all the forums I have been to you lot top the lot for defensive behaviour. And all because some bloke (Tony Meolas Loan Spell) started booing because I had a free ticket in the home end.

f*** me. :D

Well it is a bit more isn't it with him being the most expensive British player in history...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can't have it both ways. You can mock the spending on Andy Carroll. Inflated yes, but no more than every other young British talent.

Utter nonsense.

How much was Ashley Young? How much was Adam Johnson? How much was Phil Jones? All far better players than Carroll for much less.

KD panicked at the end of the window, and dropped his pants to Mike Ashley, so he had a new signing to appease the morons burning their Torres shirts at the gates of Melwood. You massively overpaid, and you know it.

Shall we discuss £20m for Henderson next?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Was that not one of the reasons we got into trouble originally, Mike Bamber paid very high wages when we got into what was then Div 1 with long term contracts which we couldn't sustain.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The trouble is that Liverpool aren't really a big club anymore, just another so so mid table Premiership side deluding themselves that they are at the top table when in fact the Manchester sides and Chelsea have left them miles behind. Could you see the likes of Man United, City or Chelsea appointing Roy Hodgson has manager ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The trouble is that Liverpool aren't really a big club anymore, just another so so mid table Premiership side deluding themselves that they are at the top table when in fact the Manchester sides and Chelsea have left them miles behind. Could you see the likes of Man United, City or Chelsea appointing Roy Hodgson has manager ?
This is the correct answer. Liverpool will be a bit of a nothing Premiership side soon enough. A sort of Aston Villa type club - with fans frothing at the mouth because they're not competing. And along with fans frothing at the mouth, there will also be the pub armchairs like Shanks here who will first have a moan, then secondly lose interest in football/Sky Sports.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All far better players than Carroll for much less.

And probably without the violence and drink problem as well? King Kenny....my arse. His understanding of football is rooted in the pre-Prem days. The world has moved on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is the correct answer. Liverpool will be a bit of a nothing Premiership side soon enough. A sort of Aston Villa type club - with fans frothing at the mouth because they're not competing. And along with fans frothing at the mouth, there will also be the pub armchairs like Shanks here who will first have a moan, then secondly lose interest in football/Sky Sports.

Don't be ridiculous. Why on earth would he need to turn his back on football?

He'll simply change his username to "SouthCoastGoater", pop to SportsWorld for a Man Citeh top with "Ageuro" on the back, and carry on as before.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could you see the likes of Man United, City or Chelsea appointing Roy Hodgson has manager ?

Or some old player who has not managed for a decade or so?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here