Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ha.

Enjoy this year. Because the reality is that next summer when England go crashing out of yet another Euro miserably, Capello gets sacked and Harry tacks his place. Guess where Gus will be moving to?

Unfortunately for you, Gus Poyet is the only reason you are where you are today. When he leaves, you're shafted. Which is a shame because aside from some of the divs on here I quite like Brighton.

You don't sound like you know much about football - hardly suprising since you probably get most of your 'knowledge' from the sofa and talkSPORT. If Gus goes - and it will only be to Spurs or better if he does - the Brighton job is now a hugely attractive gig through an almost unique set of recent circumstances. We won't have any trouble getting a very good replacement.

And for your rather limited information, we know what it is to be down and almost out, so even the idea of losing a talented manager while riding high in the Championship isn't it. That is having your ground sold, sharing one in fornt of 3,000 150-mile round trip away, and propping up League Two for months while escaping relegation on the final day. Your idea of 'suffering' is knocking a beer off the sofa arm, and seeing on SSN that Liverpool have lost two games in a row. You just haven't got a clue.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not really, no. When he leaves, we'll be either one or two divisions higher than when he joined, in a brand new stadium expanded to 30,000 seats, with 20,000 STHs and with a £15m training complex being built. How is that "shafted"? We'll be in a better position than about 7 or 8 Premiership teams FFS. But it will be a shame, not that your opinion means anything because you're not a proper football fan.

Are they all neighbours of yours in Sussex, Dave?

Arsenal fans are in my choir, as is one spurs fan, the other one I used to get the train to london with in the mornings and the millwall guy lives around the corner.

BTW the ex Chelsea fans on the corner still go out to Germany every weekend....so much for the resession!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Opinions of the relative merits of Championship clubs they've never watched? No, no they're not.

so conversely we are not allowed an opinion on Premiership clubs then? seeing as we have only seen one or two in the flesh in the last 15 years

SouthCoastShankly

Sep 20, 2011
You really are a PATRONISING ****. So Gus leaves? There will be others, he has laid the foundations, the new man will have a supportive chairman and a club on the up. Whats not to like?

I hope Man Utd win that FIFTH Champs League so, in the words of Sir Alex really have "knocked Liverpool off their f***ing perch"

I so wished Hanks and Gillett had "won".

Hanks?

moving on...

Your chairman must be applauded somewhat but he is tight fisted in terms of wages. Elliott Bennett and Glenn Murray both moved because they were being paid substantially under the league average. I have it on very good authority that if Bennett had got a pay rise he would of stayed.

But your chairman has a extremely strict salary cap. Not sure about the Championship but in the Premiership (as reported in last the Times on Saturday) wage bill correlates directly to points across the teams in the league. To simplify, if you don't pay the going rate you don't get (or keep) the players who will win you games.

Brighton have punched above their weight in that sense but only because you have a very good manager who is good at getting the best out of a squad. If he leaves I can't think of many others who are capable enough of achieving the same results who would take the job. Most get poached by Premiership sides.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
so conversely we are not allowed an opinion on Premiership clubs then? seeing as we have only seen one or two in the flesh in the last 15 years
Well certainly our opinions of Premiership clubs carry as much weight as this plastic bin-dipper, seeing as we all watch about as much live Premiership football as he does.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Ignoring the scarcely relevant 'in the flesh' part, most people with Sky will have seen EVERY Premier league club at least once already this season. How many Leicester / Saints / West Ham / Albion / Forest / Boro / Derby / Birmingham matches has this tool seen, to offer his expert opinion on where we'll finish?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Hanks?

moving on...

Your chairman must be applauded somewhat but he is tight fisted in terms of wages. Elliott Bennett and Glenn Murray both moved because they were being paid substantially under the league average. I have it on very good authority that if Bennett had got a pay rise he would of stayed.

But your chairman has a extremely strict salary cap. Not sure about the Championship but in the Premiership (as reported in last the Times on Saturday) wage bill correlates directly to points across the teams in the league. To simplify, if you don't pay the going rate you don't get (or keep) the players who will win you games.

Brighton have punched above their weight in that sense but only because you have a very good manager who is good at getting the best out of a squad. If he leaves I can't think of many others who are capable enough of achieving the same results who would take the job. Most get poached by Premiership sides.

EB has gone to Norwich, and is getting Premier League football, but stayed until the end of the season to help us win the league. Credit to him, and best of luck to him.

Judas, on the other hand.... What a mug! He won't be happy at Palace.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hanks?

moving on...

Good.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hanks?

moving on...

That is a very fair point, and presumably your knowledge of players wage demands come from a current player or club official.

We would all agree that our style of football certainly changed under Poyet and definately for the better. So called tippy tappy football made sure we walked the 3rd division, it seems to be serving us well in the second and we were torn apart playing it against Stoke last year, BUT to be fair we had no idea how to play stoke that day. I am looking forward to tomorrow night to see just actually how good we are against top world class players like Suarez atc. It will also be good to see Gerrard.

Back in the early 2000's, Huddersfield were creaming the division at Christmas under Bruce 14 points clear and giving it all the promotion is a certainty etc....they played Liverpool in teh third round of the cup and lost 2-0 at home and they fell to pieces for the rest of the season. Sometimes being taught a lesson in how to play doesnt help!¬

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

It's an interesting point - in the big picture, who knows MOST about football? I think you could make a good case that for a regular fan the further down the leagues you go, the wider your overall knowledge. Not only do you watch your own team (and therefore own division) but you also see loads of International and PL stuff on the TV, and some Championship.

Certainly it is true to say that your average League Two/League One fans know a lot more about the PL than vice versa.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Welcome to NSC. However hope I dont bump into you at the ground. Either go in the away end or f*** off. Whats that? Not LOYAL enough to qualify for tix for the Liv end?

As for your mates they can f***ing DO ONE as well. People like you (and them) have stopped geniune Albion fans getting a ticket. This ANGERS me.

This.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hanks?

moving on...

So of course we should go all SILLY and start SPUNKING Money like Pompey, Leeds, Palace putting our entire existence at risk.

Yeah good one. Im sure Benno would have stayed if we trebled his wages, but he also has the chance to play in the Prem. He put in a transfer request dont forget.

Bloom said to Gus we can pay more for Murray if you want. Gus said no. Maybe coz he wanted to free up wages for CMS and his other signings.

Its called GOOD housekeeping.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So of course we should go all SILLY and start SPUNKING Money like Pompey, Leeds, Palace putting our entire existence at risk.

Yeah good one. Im sure Benno would have stayed if we trebled his wages, but he also has the chance to play in the Prem. He put in a transfer request dont forget.

Bloom said to Gus we can pay more for Murray if you want. Gus said no. Maybe coz he wanted to free up wages for CMS and his other signings.

Its called GOOD housekeeping.

You're wasting your breath. You're arguing with a fan of a club who thought it prudent to pay £35m* for Andy f***ing Carroll.

*THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS.

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
I love how this was all started by a typical 'look at me' thread by HB&B.

SouthCoastShankly - Not being funny, but you are such a typical Premiership fan twat. You are convinced because your team is in that division, you are better than us. It must be so boring being that sort of football fan. Watching Liverpool v Man Utd from my sofa or watching the Albion away at Orient, I know which one is more enjoyable.

For the record I agree with every single thing Tony Meolas Loan Spell has said. Granny Weatherwax, I stopped taking your opinion on here that seriously when I realised the size of your ego.

Quality thread though, I'm now well up for tomorrow night.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Funny thing is Dave I dont have an opinion on Prem teams as I wouldnt have a clue myself.

I dont even enter a fantasy league team as I have no idea who is Wigans left back or who plays upfront for Wolves!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It's not a very good point at all! Do you seriously believe Tony Bloom would fund the club to the tune of £90 MILLION of his own cash and then impose a wage structure that would seriously impair our chances of fulfilling his own vision for the club? Would we seriously be able to fight off WHU, Leicester etc for £2.5 MILLION CMS on a shoestring? Attract Vicente? I am 100% certain we'd not try and compete with Premier League Norwich's offer to Elliott Bennett but we don't have the £40 MILLION guaranteed they have amassed by joining the elite. Get a grip.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hanks?

moving on...

You are the very embodiment of all aspects of the disgusting circus that the Premiership has become. In your case, an arrogant, self-imporant posturing 'fan', thinking they're reading a situation from snippets themselves taken from second-, third- and fourth-hand sources, and telling teams how to go about their business.

Personally, I am delighted Tony Bloom is being relatively penurious with his budgets. We have climbed and fought our way out of trouble via the indigenous route on the back of a collective effort involving players, managers, fans, directors, supporters and the local community. You have lived on Easy Street since you dropped your trousers and bent over for Sky, and have no idea what it took to get from where we were to where we are.

So please, don't ever lecture Brighton & Hove Albion, its supporters or the management on the back of 'knowing someone at the club'.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I love how this was all started by a typical 'look at me' thread by HB&B.

SouthCoastShankly - Not being funny, but you are such a typical Premiership fan twat. You are convinced because your team is in that division, you are better than us. It must be so boring being that sort of football fan. Watching Liverpool v Man Utd from my sofa or watching the Albion away at Orient, I know which one is more enjoyable.

For the record I agree with every single thing Tony Meolas Loan Spell has said. Granny Weatherwax, I stopped taking your opinion on here that seriously when I realised the size of your ego.

Quality thread though, I'm now well up for tomorrow night.

why thank you sir. A compliment indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here