Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Deny it all you want mate. You weren't selling out every week at the Withdean in League 2 or League 1, yet now you're in the Championship and have best part of what 18K season tickets.

Seems like the "Palace argument" is watertight.

Sure you have a core set of supporters but you have a lot of season ticket holders who have no historical knowledge of the club/team aside from what they read in match reports. Most of your new season tickets holders probably are priced out of going to watch Prem teams in London. I'd be happy with the revenue but don't go taking the piss suggesting they aren't plastic.
How many Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool/Man Utd fans from outside Sussex have got season tix at the Amex then?

NONE. That's my guess. These people are supporting their local team, and they are very welcome. We have 18,400 STHs and a waiting list of over 1,000 - again, how many plastics do you know who would put themselves on a waiting list for tix then?

When you decide that your local football club is worth supporting instead of taking your usual seat at Stadio Della WETHERSPOONS, to watch your Carlos Kickaball mercenaries, then you can talk all you like about plastics in Sussex. Until then, BUTTON it.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Pretty shit excuse if you ask me. At a time when your club needed the revenue and support but you "wouldn't go because it wasn't a proper home".

Kudos to those who did support the club then if there are supporters like you around.

Was a season ticket holder at Withdean for many years. Go to all home games and lots of away too. More than just once a month or so. Now piss off to a Liverpool forum. Oh, and enjoy the players lounge you mug!

SouthCoastShankly

Sep 20, 2011
Anyways it seems I have hit a very exposed nerve with some on here.

Good luck tomorrow. Like I said previously we will field a strong side like in earlier rounds, at least you won't get the kids like other clubs might of fielded.

FWIW I think you have a good chance of making the play-offs. You'll need to make January signings though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pretty shit excuse if you ask me. At a time when your club needed the revenue and support but you "wouldn't go because it wasn't a proper home".

Kudos to those who did support the club then if there are supporters like you around.

I would love Liverpool to have the arse raped from them, plummet to the bottom division over the course of 5/6 years, have the ground sold, having to play 10 years at a converted athletics track and spend two years sharing at Accrington before that.

Wonder how many f***ing supporters they would have then.

Do your f***ing homework before you even dare to reply. This is after all a BRIGHTON message board.

As Pot Noodles said its like arguing with a moron. Enjoy your cup final.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Without getting loads of abuse, can I state the obvious ... all GENUINE Albion fans should be Amex season ticket holders (although I accept there may be odd cases where this doesn't apply) &, as STH, will have had ample time to get their Liverpool tickets. Am I right or talking complete crap?

WTF
Is that your definition of a genuine supporter? Season ticket holder?
In fact, it would be a subset of season ticket holder wouldn't it.

So at a stroke you discount...
Poor supporters who cant afford a season ticket
Slightly less poor people who cant justify the price of a ticket against their families other priorities
Shift workers and others who can't commit to a whole season through working patterns.
Those who simply wanted to choose go to a few matches per season rather than commit to the entire year.

I supported the albion since 1974 when it was 35p for a junior to get in the North Stand, and we sang, "Don't give it to Binney!" due to his habbit of hitting row Z from 10 feet.
I bought a house... just because it overlooked the Goldstone.
I have seen them play live in every division, home and away.
I went to Wembley.
I went to Gillingham.
I went to Withdean.
(Didn't manage Cardiff due to wife booking holiday over the playoff final dates).
I haven't got a season ticket, and I haven't yet managed to get to see a game at the new home.
I'll be watching the Albion on Telly Wednesday night.

Happy to be considered non-GENUINE

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Chagrin" is one of those words that really deserves to be used more than it is. A bit like "bustling" and "stalwart".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"Chagrin" is one of those words that really deserves to be used more than it is. A bit like "bustling" and "stalwart".

and "moist " and "erect"

SouthCoastShankly

Sep 20, 2011
I would love Liverpool to have the arse raped from them, plummet to the bottom division over the course of 5/6 years, have the ground sold, having to play 10 years at a converted athletics track and spend two years sharing at Accrington before that.

Wonder how many f***ing supporters they would have then.

Do your f***ing homework before you even dare to reply. This is after all a BRIGHTON message board.

As Pot Noodles said its like arguing with a moron. Enjoy your cup final.

Ha.

Enjoy this year. Because the reality is that next summer when England go crashing out of yet another Euro miserably, Capello gets sacked and Harry tacks his place. Guess where Gus will be moving to?

Unfortunately for you, Gus Poyet is the only reason you are where you are today. When he leaves, you're shafted. Which is a shame because aside from some of the divs on here I quite like Brighton.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How many Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool/Man Utd fans from outside Sussex have got season tix at the Amex then?

I know 3 former Arsenal STH's who are getting a bit old to travel up there now, two Spurs people who are on the waiting list at WHL and want to watch a game and a Millwall fan who lives round the roud and very sadly just wants to fight with people :-(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ha.

Enjoy this year. Because the reality is that next summer when England go crashing out of yet another Euro miserably, Capello gets sacked and Harry tacks his place. Guess where Gus will be moving to?

Unfortunately for you, Gus Poyet is the only reason you are where you are today. When he leaves, you're shafted. Which is a shame because aside from some of the divs on here I quite like Brighton.

You really are a PATRONISING ****. So Gus leaves? There will be others, he has laid the foundations, the new man will have a supportive chairman and a club on the up. Whats not to like?

I hope Man Utd win that FIFTH Champs League so, in the words of Sir Alex really have "knocked Liverpool off their f***ing perch"

I so wished Hanks and Gillett had "won". No one does self pitying better than a scouser.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha.

Okay.

1. How England do at the Euros is irrelevant, as Capello's deal expires then, and he's already said he won't be extending it.

2. Redknapp will never get near the England job. Too much legal baggage.

3. Gus was sacked previously from Spurs (when Assistant under Ramos). He felt very much wronged, and my understanding is that he would NOT be keen to work for them again. Equally, the guy has 18 months experience, mostly in League One. Spurs wouldn't want him (yet) anyway.

4. Gus is a genius, but no, he isn't the sole reason we are progressing. Have you noticed the sold-out 22,000 seater stadium, and the wealthy life-long fan in charge?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I get really annoyed when fans of Premiership clubs give their opinion on where we'll finish... Because you sit in your arm chair does not mean you know more about football than people who watch it live.

Know what i mean like?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You really are a PATRONISING ****. So Gus leaves? There will be others, he has laid the foundations, the new man will have a supportive chairman and a club on the up. Whats not to like?

I hope Man Utd win that FIFTH Champs League so, in the words of Sir Alex really have "knocked Liverpool off their f***ing perch"

I so wished Hanks and Gillett had "won".

marcus...enough now

Chill.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not really, no. When he leaves, we'll be either one or two divisions higher than when he joined, in a brand new stadium expanded to 30,000 seats, with 20,000 STHs and with a £15m training complex being built. How is that "shafted"? We'll be in a better position than about 7 or 8 Premiership teams FFS. But it will be a shame, not that your opinion means anything because you're not a proper football fan.

I know 3 former Arsenal STH's who are getting a bit old to travel up there now, two Spurs people who are on the waiting list at WHL and want to watch a game and a Millwall fan who lives round the roud and very sadly just wants to fight with people :-(
Are they all neighbours of yours in Sussex, Dave?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I get really annoyed when fans of Premiership clubs give their opinion on where we'll finish... Because you sit in your arm chair does not mean you know more about football than people who watch it live.

Know what i mean like?

what about premiership fans who go every week to a match, are they allowed opinions?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I so wished Hanks and Gillett had "won".
I agree. I tried to be even handed and see both sides of the debate and, he comes back with patronising garbage like that. You were right all along. A 'plastic'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here