Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hi just popping on here to get an idea of opinion before the game tomorrow.

Believe it or not there is quite a large Liverpool following in the south. Many of us regularly put in the mileage to see Liverpool at Anfield. My first game watching Liverpool was against Brighton in the FA Cup at the Goldstone in 1991. We won 3-2, the game was really tight and I fully expect another close one tomorrow. I have some contacts at Brighton who have sorted me out tickets (Home end though), which was lucky as I hear tickets are as rare as rocking horse shit.

We be taking this one seriously as we did in the last round against Exeter, but expect some rotation. We expect Gerrard to be involved, probably starting but could be a sub. I reckon Bellamy and Carroll up top.

Funny isn't it that Liverpool need to take a 4th rate trophy more seriously than us. How the mighty have fallen

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Believe it or not there is quite a large Liverpool following in the south. .

Yes they are called PLASTICS like those that now "support" Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc from the comfort of their sofa or pub.

Most probably started "supporting" Liverpool in the late 70s early 80s because they "won things" bit like people "supporting" Man Utd now...

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Palace, Leeds, Liverpool.

I don't think a single fan would disagree that this is the win priority.
Wrong!

Still ANGERS me. Giving it to a plastic scouser instead of an Albion fan.

As for cost well its the "price" you pay to attach yourself to a successful team as far as im concerned.
Indeed. As I mentioned in another thread I know of at least two other plastics in the home stands. I hope all those of you who "don't mind" Liverpool winning are sitting next to one, hopefully you'll change your tunes!

And think of the children! If we beat Liverpool all those Brighton-supporting kids with plastic friends will be able to swagger into school on Thursday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes they are called PLASTICS like those that now "support" Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc from the comfort of their sofa or pub.

Most probably started "supporting" Liverpool in the late 70s early 80s because they "won things" bit like people "supporting" Man Utd now...

Bullseye.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has anyone warned him that our padded seats WILL NOT be as comfortable as his armchair at home, just in case he wants to reconsider?

Indeed. He'll also hate, that he won't get a remote for the big tellies.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
i would take a loss to liverpool, a loss to leads, for a guaranteed 3 points against the slugs from up the road.:drink:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Wrong!

Indeed. As I mentioned in another thread I know of at least two other plastics in the home stands. I hope all those of you who "don't mind" Liverpool winning are sitting next to one, hopefully you'll change your tunes!

And think of the children! If we beat Liverpool all those Brighton-supporting kids with plastic friends will be able to swagger into school on Thursday.

No-one is disagreeing that it would be "nice" to beat Liverpool. Great if we did. The point is, it is the least important match of the three, and what the true, proper fans really want is to beat Palace and Leeds.

As I said on a previous thread, the Liverpool match is a treat for the plastics. The main event starts again on Friday.

As for Liverpool "fans" in the home end....Well, bollocks to them!

SouthCoastShankly

Sep 20, 2011
Still ANGERS me. Giving it to a plastic scouser instead of an Albion fan.

As for cost well its the "price" you pay to attach yourself to a successful team as far as im concerned.

You're missing the point. He works for Brighton, he doesn't support them. He doesn't care who gets them.

Regardless I'm looking forward to it, should a good one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In NOT missng the point. He should have given them to an Albion fan rather than a PLASTIC scouser.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
How about Nooney who has got 20 tickets for his family? They will be in the staff seats. Should he be shamed?

Well clearly not as he's from Liverpool. I would hope that his folks would like to see him do well, and, maybe score a goal or two! Hardly call Nooneys family plastics!

I'm talking about Albion staff not caring if they give their free tickets in the home seats to away fans. What would be the outcome if it resulted in aggro?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The cup games that I have seen against Liverpool suggest we have a frigging excellent pedigree against them.

A win in the FA Cup final year at their place

A televised win at the Goldstone

A late late scambled draw at Anfield

A late late defeat in extra time at the Goldstone having led the game.

Now they were one of the best, if not the best team in Europe during those games, so I reckon the players SHOULD be made aware of the pedigree, born or not.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well clearly not as he's from Liverpool. I would hope that his folks would like to see him do well, and, maybe score a goal or two! Hardly call Nooneys family plastics!

I'm talking about Albion staff not caring if they give their free tickets in the home seats to away fans. What would be the outcome if it resulted in aggro?

I guess everyone would be told to 'calm down, calm down'.

Or whatever the Plastic Scouse translation of that is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I would imagine that the member of staff would lose his right to tickets for games in the future. Staff have always had tickets to give away and I haven't heard of aggro happening before because of it.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Welcome to NSC. However hope I dont bump into you at the ground. Either go in the away end or f*** off. Whats that? Not LOYAL enough to qualify for tix for the Liv end?

As for your mates they can f***ing DO ONE as well. People like you (and them) have stopped geniune Albion fans getting a ticket. This ANGERS me.

Without getting loads of abuse, can I state the obvious ... all GENUINE Albion fans should be Amex season ticket holders (although I accept there may be odd cases where this doesn't apply) &, as STH, will have had ample time to get their Liverpool tickets. Am I right or talking complete crap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here