Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said afterwards he kept Ulloa on, as we kept on putting the crosses in.

D

Deleted User X18H

He didn't think he would last 90 mins though.

I was going to ask about CMS who appeared to have stripped down in the last 5 minutes , but didn't get chance to.

I was impressed with Ulloa tonight, he holds the ball up well it's obvious he just needs that league goal.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Lopez wasn't an English speaker and took a few games to be 'broken in'. Imagine Ulloa will be the same and he'll be firing the goals in in time for the play-offs :thumbsup:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Our quality of crossing in general is quite poor. Very rarely do we pick out the man for a header considering the multitude of opportunities we get to put the ball in the box. Hammond was picked out twice by Vicente to be fair though. Ironically the best cross of the match came from Ulloa when Hoskins got injured :facepalm:

D

Deleted User X18H

Apparently Vicente could hardly walk after the match.

Jimmy Grimble

Couple of times Ulloa came front post for a cross when he would have been better off swivelling his man to the back post, which is what Vicente was expecting/hoping he would do I reckon.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
feel a bit sorry for Ulloa. Has had poor service so far. He certainly tries hard. He will be a top player for us. Massive improvement on macca

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think Ulloa will take a while to get used to our style, if you look at his goals at Almeria a lot of them are due to the ball being put into the ball quickly, very rarely do we put it in quickly, he needs to learn to not make his run so quickly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We cross the ball a lot but cant remember us ever picking out one of our own players.

It's certainly one of our major weaknesses.

Dec 29, 2011
feel a bit sorry for Ulloa. Has had poor service so far. He certainly tries hard. He will be a top player for us. Massive improvement on macca
He does work very hard, at least three headers out of our box today which is the same thing Barnes gets SO much praise for. Tracks back more than I thought he would.
Lopez wasn't an English speaker and took a few games to be 'broken in'. Imagine Ulloa will be the same and he'll be firing the goals in in time for the play-offs :thumbsup:
Lopez took half a season to settle, luckily we signed Ulloa for four and a half years and so he has some time to settle.

Ironically the best cross of the match came from Ulloa when Hoskins got injured :facepalm:
What a fantastic cross it was though!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ulloa has been disappointing to me and I have seen little from him which suggests he will score goals in any quantity at Championship level.

Harsh, I could count on one hand the chances that have been created for him in the last 3 matches.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I think Ulloa looks very very good already. Brilliant at holding the ball up, clearing headers defensively and also looks very skilful. Just need to give him some chances to score now so he can really prove himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here