Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is the reason that the more reasonable fans stand up for him, because the detractors make ridiculous statements just to justify their bitterness.

You say bitterness, but it's clearly just a satisfaction in being right about how overrated Gus is. I mean, why didn't he get the Leeds job, eh? *smugface*

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some of us recognized a good stitch-up on the HR and employment law a**e-saving front when we saw one.

After all, we've all done it: cobbled together lists of ammo to be used against people that we just don't like as employees any more. Obviously that isn't enough of a reason to give, so you dredge up all sorts of minor things that normally get ignored but that come in handy when it's been decided that their face doesn't fit any more. That's exactly what happened to Gus.

I'm surprised you didn't get in touch with Poyet and offer your services at the Employment Tribunal then!

Poyet's league 1 side was probably the greatest ever. We were a class above.

Mullery's was more exciting to watch.

I'm sorry, but a building site 5 miles away does not provide momentum on a football pitch. ESPECIALLY at bloody Withdean.
And its not like Bloom threw millions at the squad that season either. We were still getting Holroyds in.

Can't believe how ridiculously naïve that statement is. There was a wave of excitement growing as the stadium neared completion. The stadium did not create the momentum but it was a big part of it. The fact that we had a stadium and Bloom knew we needed to fill it probably meant he was willing to bankroll Poyet to a far greater degree than any manager before.

You're completely ignoring his first 18 months before the Amex, when he rescued us from the relegation zone and then set about building his squad which got us promoted. For some people, bringing in Calderon is the best thing that he ever did.

That's the same Calderon that he said would never play for the Albion again!

So there was nothing special about Charlton or Peterborough away in 2010-2011, Cardiff away in 2011-2012 or Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley or Blackpool at home in 2012-2013. You and I must obviously have very different definitions of special football. I'm not at all gooey-eyed about him - I think Teddy Maybank made some valid points in his post, but this is someone who gave us our highest finish since 1983 (or 1984; can't remember which).

Depends on how you define a higher finish. Lloyd actually took us to the play-off final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here