Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet to Greece

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m not sure if I’m reading all the above replies correctly, but people DO realise that ‘Ethniki Omada’ Is a nickname for the Greece national team? (rather than a Greek club they haven’t heard of?)

There's always an educated one to spoil it for us fickos:D

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ziggy is his name :D

Ours was Ragnar when we inherited him from my son's former landlord, but we call him Ragsy, Fatso or Little Boy.

top cat.JPG

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I had a chat with Poyet at my local non league club last week.
I told him he gave me one of the best nights of my life, he looked pleased until I said “ 2-0 at The Amex “
He didn’t look happy, and he later moved to the other side of the pitch :lol:

Poor old Gus

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I had a chat with Poyet at my local non league club last week.
I told him he gave me one of the best nights of my life, he looked pleased until I said “ 2-0 at The Amex “
He didn’t look happy, and he later moved to the other side of the pitch :lol:

Poor old Gus

Ours was Ragnar when we inherited him from my son's former landlord, but we call him Ragsy, Fatso or Little Boy.

View attachment 144760

Not one to muck about!

Screenshot_20220205-121042_WhatsApp.jpg
We got Ziggy as a kitten from our local rescue cattery.
Turns out he's allergic to his own plaque, consequently he had to have 14 teeth out @£600, due to gingervitis.
He's only 10 months old :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure if I’m reading all the above replies correctly, but people DO realise that ‘Ethniki Omada’ Is a nickname for the Greece national team? (rather than a Greek club they haven’t heard of?)

Nope, every day’s a school day

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ees Περίπλοκος

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[tweet]1489232252995137537[/tweet]

GP is a terminally-discredited brand. Be lucky to keep the job beyond first clash with doubtless firebrand owner and fans of wherever crap he is now. Sad in many ways.

GP's personal ceiling reached it's apex with the Albion. A bit like every other Amex-era manager, both past and present...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Terminally-discredited brand. Be lucky to keep the job beyond first clash with doubtless firebrand owner and fans.

GP's personal ceiling reached it's apex with the Albion. A bit like every other Amex-era manager, both past and present...

GP could've done well with the Albion, if he kept his head down and mouth shut.
Then we might not have had the other GP ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good luck to him. They have a very shite team these days, will be a tough job.

It's a head-mental league. Perfectly suited to GP taking the gig and being sacked within the month. Previous Albion mediocrity Oscar Garcia ended up there. If memory serves, he retired hurt when somebody lobbed a cash regjster at him from the cheap seats or somesuch nonsense

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's a head-mental league. Perfectly suited to GP taking the gig and being sacked within the month. Previous Albion mediocrity Oscar Garcia ended up there. If memory serves, he retired hurt when somebody lobbed a cash regjster at him from the cheap seats or somesuch nonsense

If he gets sacked from the Greece national team within a month it would be impressive as they dont have any games until March. But it is indeed a difficult country to be a manager in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
GP is a terminally-discredited brand. Be lucky to keep the job beyond first clash with doubtless firebrand owner and fans of wherever crap he is now. Sad in many ways.

Does the Greek national team have an owner?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Falling out and parting of the ways inevitable. Does he still have Charlie and Mauricio as assistants?

Ethniki Omada! .. WHO? We’re ****ing brilliant?

Greased up and ready to go

I think Charlie fell off the Poyet bandwagon a while back, last seen rattling around sussex non league football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here