Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet - right or wrong?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I personally think it is being blown out of proportion but do you expect your club to make an official statement at all?

No. Nothing to comment on. Suarez is accused of racial comments, and Gus believes his friend is NOT a racist. What's the big deal?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All this and Stephen Lawerence revived case was last night's lead news story.....Honestly Gus, you clumsy oaf. Your timing is appalling. Get with the programme. :facepalm:

Revzzz

Nov 18, 2011
I'm talking about his performances since he came to England. And anyway, biting an opponent makes him a nutter if you ask me, not a cheat.

He dives all the time.

Type 'Luis Suarez the diving Rabbit' into Youtube. He gets tapped on the back and pretends he was punched on his head. He's a vile player.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"Leave it, leave it, e's not wurf it!"

ANYWAY ...

what will be interesting if Suarez is found NOT GUILTY of making racist comments. Then any other comments Gus made about racism will probably become irrelevant and, rightly or wrongly, he will be applauded for sticking up for his friend.

Ex-blooming-actly , well said.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I see there are embarrassingly many people defending Poyet in here.
I hope we meet your rather useless **** of a team one of these days.

Don't try and turn this into a club hating exercise - there are entire websites dedicated to loathing Man Utd so take your fishing rod to one of them

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hard to stick up for GP in this instance given what he said, yet his words have been misconstrued and taken out of context by the world and his dog. I’d say it was more a case of trying to stick up for his mate and letting his mouth off the lead a bit too much.

Having said that, This United kiddy makes me nostalgic for Watford O. Are we big time now?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Queens Park Rangers manager Neil Warnock calls for black football players to boycott next round of international games in reaction to FIFA president Sepp Blatter's remarks

MCK

Nov 18, 2011
Not sure how you come to that conclusion with losses of 25 million and 26 million in 2007 and 08 and a reported profit in 09 only because of the sale of Ronaldo. The interest payments chew up almost half... HALF of your matchday income per annum the Glazers royally screwed you there MCK.

You are correct that loses were made in 07 08 but they did make an operating profit this year and the previous year with the Ronaldo money. The debt is at a far better level now since they paid off the PIK loans and the interest repayments are now serviceable.

The Glazers are a leach on United but the decision to go PLC which hugely benefited the club and is the reason the Glazers could buy it. So you can't have it both ways.

Anyway I won't go on about United as I see there is quite a feeling of hatred for us in here. I do still follow Brighton’s results since going to both the finals in 83 and I do genuinely wish you the best for the season.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The recording I have of this paints a slightly different picture to be fair. Some of other points Gus made that somewhat tone down the exact point he is trying to make and take in the overall context of the subject matter, are a little less harsh than suggested, but don't appear to have made the published article!

I have noticed this a lot lately. The whole interview on other subjects are given then snippets are used in different circles of the press, which when reading make you sit up and take notice.... this sells in the media circle I guess.

QUOTE=Revzzz;4519701]That changes everything then.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. What is difficult to understand is that Evra will have played in all sorts of environments where racism is prevelant - in my view the French are often less tolerant than the British - so what was said that made him so angry that he reported it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As expected Alex Ferguson has said Gus Poyet is wrong in his comments, although he understands him protecting a fellow countryman. Pretty restrained from Sir Alex! Probably under some sort of FA guidelines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here