Gus Poyet appreciation Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
he has done a fantastic job for us - end of story. Anyone who disagrees is really a numpty. There is no coherent argument to say he hasnt.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Now you definately are talking shit now.

Getting a manager of the Calibre of Gus?

Lets forget for a moment whatever anyone says about him now, but he was untested when we got him. He had no calibre and TOny Bloom took a gamble on him.

Kiss his arse by all means, but f*** me thats taking it a bit far.

I'm sure if things do change here, and I for one still hope Gus comes good, but doubt it more and more that he is willing to adapt, then I am sure there will be a very high calibre of proven managers screambling for this job.

This

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Agreed. Why everyone is giving all the priase to Gus is beyond me. He done a great job getting us to the championship, no doubt about that, but with the resources available, others could have done the same.

Tony Bloom is the legend who has set all this up and whose arse should be being kissed. Gus is along for the ride.

...and this

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Thank you, for giving me a team to be proud of again.

Thank you, for brining in Will Buckley and putting him on at the right time to score the winner at the first game at the Amex.

Thank you, for attracting flair players to Brighton, that would not have even considered coming here if it was not for you persuasive charm and ability to hypnotise them.

Thank you for seriously upping the profile of Brighton and Hove Albion.

But most of all, thank you for the best football I have ever seen being played by a Brighton team. The game against Sheffield Wednesday was amazing.

The best and most exciting football ever played by Brighton was in the late 1970's.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The best and most exciting football ever played by Brighton was in the late 1970's.

Absolutely.Those of us who were old enough to be around then were spoilt by the football we watched when rising from Div3 to Div1.
Oh for players of that calibre in our team now!

NIGELROBERT

Jul 5, 2010
nottingham
Thanks Gus and Tony. If you had said to me 5 years ago we would be top half of the Championship, 25k crowds, with Wayne Bridge in Defence, Bruno, TK in goal, one of the best grounds in the country, two massive screen in the stadium, a new training complex being built, I would have laughed my socks off.
and so say all of us

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Negative and unappreciative twats should be ashamed of themselves.IMHO

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Ah well, it was fun while it lasted guys.

As a certain poster in this thread will tell you everyone is entitled to their opinion, but unfortunately we have to listen to this opinion time and time again even if most people either don't want to listen to it or don't agree with it.

Gus will see us good and we will be bouncing old threads again one that I am positive.

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
in these days of instant expectations people that have the courage of conviction, loyalty and determination to take the long view to build a lasting success are rare. We have these convictions in the management team at the Albion and for those people that are quick to moan at any set back it is these set backs that mould the ultimate success. Be patient and the quality of the whole management team will make you proud.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
The reaction to Vicente hitting the bar :bowdown:

reading.gif

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Thank you for getting us promoted.

Now sort out the current squad! I have been bored by the turgid football you have created for the past season and a half.

We are not a bunch of latins, and want to see attacking, entertaining football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports