Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on Talk Sport

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Spoke about the game last night. Thought he was pretty spot on really.

Most interesting thing was his alluding to 'Having a long term plan and wanting to be at the club for years to come'.

Pretty good news & reassuring!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Spoke about the game last night. Thought he was pretty spot on really.

Most interesting thing was his alluding to 'Having a long term plan and wanting to be at the club for years to come'.

Pretty good news & reassuring!!!

I put this on the "Gus My Hero" thread as soon as he'd been on:

God himself has just been on TalkSport. During the interview, he told Brazil "I want to be one of those managers who stays in the same place for a long, long time".

Amen to that! :bowdown:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he wants to stay at the club for a long time,thats all i heard him say,im loving that

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Surely he must of said "it's complicated" at some point?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great listen... he seems to want to be with us for a long time... has great vision...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The more I hear Gus the more convinced I am of what a man of honour and integrity he is. He genuinely seems to want to build something special at Brighton, and this is born out by his restructuring of the playing side from top to bottom. He has a Chairman with a shared vision too, and moving into one of the best stadiums in the country next year. With all this in mind I really do believe him when he says it will take something spectacular to tempt him away. A lot of the rival fans who think he'll jump at the first opportunity are just wishful thinking imo.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Him staying means forging a proper identity within the club, which goes a long way to helping the youth as well.

Still think he'll be faced with a proper dilemma when a Premier League club comes in for him.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
This is great to hear, we are really going places. With a record breaking season coming to a climax, a brilliant chairman who supports the club, a great new stadium and a brilliant manager who wants to make his mark with us. I'm really proud to be a Brighton fan and relishing the future.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Im hoping he stays long enough to do for us, what Cloughie did for Derby & Forest(ie taking them from 3rd Div. to Champions of England), IMO he's the closest in terms of football style & personality to Ol' Big 'Ead(70's version)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Great to hear what Gus said.....and Brazil said he would not be surprised if we go up again next season and will be in the shake up....I think he is right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here