Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on Radio Sussex...... we will break transfer record again

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Dont fancy Nugent, bit of a Donkey. Would love to see a Vokes, Rhodes, Keogh, Jackson. Bit more mobile and better technicaly, the sort of footballer Gus likes

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Luke Varley, Sam Vokes, David Goodwillie, Ishmael Miller. Adam Le Fondre, Jordan Rhodes

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I know he was mentioned a lot last year but is Simon Cox completely out the question? Hodgson may be looking for other strikers for next season and was on the bench a lot last season....

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Nugent is a bit of a headless chicken, Rhodes and Tubbs are not proven at Championship level and if it's pace we're going for, then Vokes would probably be the wrong choice. Some of the others mentioned (Priskin, Hume..) would not be great signings. Ishmael Miller is a good shout, although he seems to have lost it a bit in recent years with injury. I would absolutely love to see Fabio Borini sign for us. I know this is probably completely unrealistic and rumours were circulating that he was off to Italy, but he looked quality street for Swansea towards the end of the season.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Still lots of rumours at Tranmere that you are one of the clubs looking at Dale Jennings so I wouldn't be too surprised if you made a bid, he was meant to have been going on trial with Bayern Munich but that seems to have stalled now

We turned down a £600k bid from West Ham last season but anywhere around £1m + add ons we would have to accept really

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If it was me, I would go for Alan Lee at Hudds, who was signed from palace. Clarke never really used him as best and he changed the game when he came on last game of the season....I think he cost over a million, but he would be a great addition

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure it wont be Le Fondre as he is in the same boat as Murray unproven and if they were willing to pay the money would have done so for Murray who they know. Nugent is a proven Championship striker and a different class than Le Fondre. The same could be said of Tubbs unproven and unknown. It was rumoured that we were after Torres of Crawley an attacking midfielder but he wouldnt cost that amount of money.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Excited doesn't come close to how i feel at the minute. It's like i'm supporting a different football club to what i have been for the last 20 years. Incredible.

Someone mentioned Ebanks-blake on a previous thread. Would be a top signing at Champ level.

I'm going for a sit down.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
If it was me, I would go for Alan Lee at Hudds, who was signed from palace. Clarke never really used him as best and he changed the game when he came on last game of the season....I think he cost over a million, but he would be a great addition

No thanks, he could barely get into the Hudders team. I would love us to get Robert Earnshaw.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Jason Roberts 33 years old at Blackburn who are supposedly looking to spend big on a striker so he won’t get a look in, comes from London and has his own charity which is London based. I appreciate that would be unlikely to cost more than Buckley though.

No rumours or knowledge just thought he might be worth throwing in the mix.

Plus if we get him, the Duke is out of contract at Watford and I didn’t realise that he is only 29. They could still do a job in my opinion but certainly wouldn’t be for the long term.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I work with her... she answers the phones in reception. FACT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here