Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus now bookies favourite for Leeds job

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's a shame Betfair only have these markets for EPL clubs, you'd have thought they might have made an exception for a massive club like Dirty L**ds though.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I fully understand why Gus will be linked with virtually every half-decent job in the country, but there's a part of me who will feel a strange sense of relief when he finally goes tbh. All this constant speculation (allied to GP's massive ambition) is obviously destabilising for us supporters - so God knows the effect it has on the playing staff. Who knows if he'll be tempted by the possible millions that could be injected up at Dirty Leeds, but I'm just very tired of all this rubbish. Unfortunately, it seems to me that the only way it will end is when he's no longer here. Such is football these days. :shrug:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
All successful managers are in demand, it's just something we need to deal with while we are doing well.

If Gus went, and someone else came in and did well for us, the rumours would just be passed onto him.

In other words, get used to it.

Your almost certainly right on all counts, but I think my feelings are the way they are now because I really don't think he'll be here next season if we don't get up via the Play Off's this time (& I'll be very surprised if that'll happen tbh). I guess I'm better at accepting speculation when a manager's relatively fresh & hasn't had time to achieve their own personal goals. Still, it's a funny ol' game & strange things certainly happen - especially at the fag-end of the campaign.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh and this from the guy with one brain cell who has to follow the crowd because he may get lost on his own! lol

Yeah righto mate, you can barely string a sentence together.

This. Commander is the biggest cock of all. Always pipes up with the insults but dont like it back. ****

That hurts coming from you sir, I've never been rude to you before, have I?

Oh and I have no problems getting it back at all, I'm just as prone to talking shit and being a **** as the next person. But unlike Pork Pie, I usually only do it every now and then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah righto mate, you can barely string a sentence together.

That hurts coming from you sir, I've never been rude to you before, have I?

Oh and I have no problems getting it back at all, I'm just as prone to talking shit and being a **** as the next person. But unlike Pork Pie, I usually only do it every now and then.

Although you often talk sense you have started to come across more and more as overtly aggressive and rude to those whose opinions you don't agree with.

Virtually every post I've read of yours recently has included a put down of someone ( not saying you are wrong in plenty of cases btw) in a very blunt way.

You can give an opinion without slagging of someone else's.

Feel free to ignore or slag me off, just an observation :smile:

Back on topic, if Gus thinks Leeds is the job for him, he should take it...but only once he's seen this season out with us, should Warnock get the sack in the next couple of games.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Gus will (if not sacked) leave whenever it suits him. Wasn't it Peter Taylor who left because his budget wasn't enough at the Withdean........that is how i think Gus will think,when the time comes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus will (if not sacked) leave whenever it suits him. Wasn't it Peter Taylor who left because his budget wasn't enough at the Withdean........that is how i think Gus will think,when the time comes.

Hope he doesn't get the unwarranted abuse Taylor did when he left

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Although you often talk sense you have started to come across more and more as overtly aggressive and rude to those whose opinions you don't agree with.

Virtually every post I've read of yours recently has included a put down of someone ( not saying you are wrong in plenty of cases btw) in a very blunt way.

You can give an opinion without slagging of someone else's.

Feel free to ignore or slag me off, just an observation :smile:

Back on topic, if Gus thinks Leeds is the job for him, he should take it...but only once he's seen this season out with us, should Warnock get the sack in the next couple of games.

Hmm. Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm getting old, but it just feels like NSC seems to be full of more and more idiots these days, who are always finding something to moan about. It didn't used to be as bad as this, did it? And in those days we really did have something to moan about. That's what frustrates me, that these are amazing times, and yet all I ever seem to read is people moaning about something. What's it going to be like when we are shit again!?

I think I just struggle to be patient anymore when reading the same old rubbish over and over again. I will try not to be as aggressive / rude in future (or more likely I'll just ignore it).

Point taken on board. Pork Pie is still a **** though, I'm sure you'll agree.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet is the latest name to top the bookies odds for the Leeds United managers job.

Poyet, who spent time at Elland Road as Assistant Manager to Dennis Wise, was recently linked with a move to Reading following the dismissal of Brian McDermott, the bookies second favourite to replace Neil Warnock at odds of 11/4.

The former Chelsea midfielder rejected Reading’s advances, instead deciding to continue his work at promotion chasing Brighton who are currently placed 7th in Championship, level on points with Leicester City who occupy the final play-off position.

Previous favourite Paolo Di Canio has slipped back down to 10/1, perhaps as a result of comments made by Neil Warnock who told a press conference earlier today that he thinks 3-4 good managers will become available in the summer, urging the owners of Leeds United to be patient in making their choice.

Leeds United resume their Championship schedule following the international break at 19th placed Ipswich Town on Saturday. Seven points adrift of the play-off places with only eight games remaining, Neil Warnock insists his side haven’t thrown the towel in yet.

Why doesn't he just piss off and leave the way clear for somebody who actually wants to be here?

Not impressed at all with any Albion manager who considers the role to be secondary to what they consider to be their ENITLEMENT. History shows that most managers with that mindset are actually NOT ALL THAT. :wave:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Hmm. Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm getting old, but it just feels like NSC seems to be full of more and more idiots these days, who are always finding something to moan about. It didn't used to be as bad as this, did it? And in those days we really did have something to moan about. That's what frustrates me, that these are amazing times, and yet all I ever seem to read is people moaning about something. What's it going to be like when we are shit again!?

I think I just struggle to be patient anymore when reading the same old rubbish over and over again. I will try not to be as aggressive / rude in future (or more likely I'll just ignore it).

Point taken on board. Pork Pie is still a **** though, I'm sure you'll agree.

You gobby little piece of shit!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Dont let them bully you Commander! Stay strong and dont for a minute consider toning anything down and pandering to any delicate sensibilities on this board. In fact you need to crank things up if my opinion is worth owt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here