Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus going to Greece

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus. We bail them out and they go spending their new found lolly on these 3.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Please, before we slaughter Gus, would we be where we are now without him. As a then division one club, he was all we could afford and HE took us to within a few points of the promised land, and then blew it!

No need to slaughter him....he does that very well himself! And yes we would be at least where we are, this club is not over valued being a good side in the Championship. We are at least where we should be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Had he been more patient, done the business [no not that!] at Brighton, he could have been hot property. I find it hard to imagine him having anything but a modest future now.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Former Sunderland boss Gus Poyet has agreed to become the new manager of Greek side AEK Athens.

The 47-year-old was sacked by the Black Cats in March after winning just one of his last 12 Premier League matches.

Poyet, who previously managed Brighton, had been linked with Aston Villa following the departure of Tim Sherwood on 25 October.

The deal, which AEK say will be signed on Friday, will run until the summer of 2016.

AEK are third in the Greek Super League after winning five of their opening eight games.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
'Mr Poyet I understand there's interest from some Turkish clubs, not that you'd be tempted away of course, given things are going so well here at AEK.'
'Oh really! That's interesting. The AEK fans understand I'm an honest guy. I don't pretend to be loyal. If an offer from another club comes along I might take it. That's why the fans love me.'
…………
'I've just heard you've been sacked Mr Poyet'
'Oh no! I had no idea. I really loved the club and the fans. I'm devastated'
'You really did not know you had been sacked'
'I had no idea! I will talk to the club. I hope they change their mind. There must be some mistake. I'm really hurt'
……….
'They just told us you'd been threatening to walk out for the last few months!'
To be continued …..

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Crafty Gus, only signing a deal until summer 2016, by which time the Chelsea, Man City or Bayern job might be available.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The deal, which AEK say will be signed on Friday, will run until the summer of 2016.

AEK are third in the Greek Super League after winning five of their opening eight games.
What happened to their last manager then? Can't have been sacked with a record like that, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here