Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Delivers

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
So Gus has made good on his promise to sign a striker, not one but two!
The return of Lualua and signed cover for Navarro. All on the cheap, and to cap it all we're playing great football.
In addition to this we've only got a lovely new stadium to look forward to next season.
So shall we all get behind Gus and the team now......
:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
argosPA040506_100x110.jpg

ArGUS delivering

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Yes agreed we have signed a striker, I was impressed to note he had played for a top Spanish team, however on reading on this was in 2002 and he has progressed?? as far as Dundee. I think the majority were expecting something with a far better CV, because we seriously do need a decent back up for Murray,Barnes,Hart and the young chap we signed from Cambridge are unlikely to score on a regular basis

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Murray and Barnes are quality players especially at his level! Too early to tell on the 2 new guys, but I'll leave it at that and not comment on Hart and Holroyd since we want a positive thread. If even one of those 2 new guys turns out well (I think both will do well) then we're sorted and could get playoffs and a nice cup run :rave:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
We need someone who can score goals at this level. Forget what he did in Scotland or a reserve team in Spain I dont think we should jump to conclusions just yet!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
im not sure either of the strikers comes under the umbrella of "proven". having said that, everyone was questioning who the f*** calderon was and he has turned out to be alright, so hopefully poyet has uncovered another gem

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
yep, i'm happy now, couldnt give a toss about tonights result... now would all those miserable arseholes out there start being positive and lets all get behind the lads and cheers them on to the play offs! COME ON BRIGHTONNNN!!!!!

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I just think everyone should be positive and excited at the current situation with the club.
Archer, Bellotti, losing the Goldstone, Priestfield, relegation and at times dire football at the theatre of trees were all justified moan ups. These times are behind us now and I like the way things are going on and off the pitch.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Delighted with our summer business & all in all i haven't seen a stronger looking Brighton squad for at least 10 years.
Now we should get behind the boys. Stop dwelling on negatives & cheer them towards the promised land SEEEEEEEAGULLLLLLLS!!!!!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think the evolving team might take a while to gel still - but I can't remember looking forward to games as much as the early 00's.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm happy we've signed Lua Lua, aswell as a replacement for Navarro. But what I am worried about is this new striker, is he really the "proven" goalscorer to get us out of this division? Will he score 25+ goals? I'm just not sure.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm happy we've signed Lua Lua aswell as a replacement for Navarro. But what I am worried about is this new striker, is he really the "proven" goalscorer to get us out of this division? Will he score 25+ goals? I'm just not sure.

Since when was the signing of Lua Lua ever touted as a replacement for Navarro!!!

:facepalm:

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
I'm happy we've signed Lua Lua aswell as a replacement for Navarro. But what I am worried about is this new striker, is he really the "proven" goalscorer to get us out of this division? Will he score 25+ goals? I'm just not sure.

Nobody scores 25+ goals apart from the very best like Lambert etc

The Sandman will score a fuckload though, just you wait
:albion1:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Typical NSC, we sign somebody and people are already moaning, why is it some many people on here think they know better than the manager ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here