Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ive been waiting months for a full back... and Im still waiting.... reasonably happy with every other position.

But if the lower. league Pele joins it will be a dream come true! Ive been arguing for him since his stevenage days.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
WIKIPEDIA NEWSFLASH - George Boyd supports Crystal Palace (tho this could be a wind up)... thats that transfer knocked on the head then.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
why should we sign Boyd?! We need a full back, and a huge powerful CM.

CMS, Barnes, Hoskins, Aggy, and Buckley is enough forwards.

Agree we need a full back. The Wrexham game showed how weak we were on the left side. That's not a dig at vincelot who is a good utility player, just not at left full back

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Agree we need a full back. The Wrexham game showed how weak we were on the left side. That's not a dig at vincelot who is a good utility player, just not at left full back

Really? I thought it showed how we need a RB. They were murdering us down their left side. Calderon was getting done every time and was at fault for their goal. Not for the first time this season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
According to rumours site, I know what people will say about that site, s.

Yes, you do know. Because it's all f***ing made up.

Seriously, why even bother posting if you're going to start with 'According to rumours site'? You may as well say 'I've just pulled this sentence out my arse but...'

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Really? I thought it showed how we need a RB. They were murdering us down their left side. Calderon was getting done every time and was at fault for their goal. Not for the first time this season.

But let's not forget that he stopped at least one certain goal in that game, and the goal he scored the other day!
Ok he's not the best defender, by a long way, but he does offer something to the team going forward, after watching him play these last two years, I can confidently say that I am a big fan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Doubt any money will be spent. Probably just a loan or two. It's already been stated that there is no budget left and that any money from the Newcastle game will not filter down to Gus.

Could be smoke and mirrors though. :D

Budget - I doubt that it was spent.

Their business projections were cautiously based on lower attentances, and since then the fixtures and gates/tv money for Gillingham, Sunderland, LFC & Newcastle have been a wind fall.

In addition the catering and shop sales have far exceeded their plans.

+ some money for Steve Cook.

Turnover up from £5m to £20m, even before all the above.

For the right players, I'm sure TB & Gus will do business.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
chuck harley and sick note vicente into the deal!:lol:

Serious question: Does anyone see Harley leaving? He seems to be further away from the 1st team now (this is not a comment on his performances). Could be used as a sweetener in a deal for a top L1 midfielder or something?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He's wasted at full-back though. Reyes would be different gravy in midfield

That maybe so, but the midfield is actually starting to put a decent shift in now with a re-energised Sparrow and a hungry JFC giving bridcutt the help he needs, this leaves the fullback position both left and right as the major weakness in the team at the moment so I would put Reyes in there.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
ive just seen Owen leaving the Grand Hotel with Bloom and Gus, wonder what they were doing together.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
why should we sign Boyd?! We need a full back, and a huge powerful CM.

CMS, Barnes, Hoskins, Aggy, and Buckley is enough forwards.

Why do people keep wheeling out these kind of descriptions?

This isn't the kind of player that Gus is interested in; unless he's also mobile, has a great first touch, confidence on the ball, speed to close down and ability to find close or distant team mates. There ain't many of those around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here