Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullys Girls

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Apologies if posted elsewhere, but I thought that they were magnificent today. If anyone has got any clout with the club, please pass on the message that not only are they entertaining, but they are great ambassadors for our club....

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I noticed that when RR announced they were about to start he just said '...and now for a bit of dancing'

Then when they'd finished he said, 'well done to The Girls'. No mention of Gullys Girls at all.

All quite petty really.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Yeah I thought that too....quid a sad way to bow out, especially given how much they have given to the club. Though the routine today was very clever, especially the symbolic removal of the hoodies to reveal their usual costumes....

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Apologies if posted elsewhere, but I thought that they were magnificent today. If anyone has got any clout with the club, please pass on the message that not only are they entertaining, but they are great ambassadors for our club....

Gully girls are back.They reformed today? Are they back and if so I'll be back on Tuesday.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A farewell performance...

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
People in the North gave them a big applause today. Quite rightly so.

This....if any of them read this site, may I thank you girls for making my pre match that bit more enjoyable.....our club will be a poorer place without you

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Very good today and just what have the club planned to replace them?

As for not bringing in any money, there are loads of young kids, especially girls, who have started supporting Albion because of GGs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

As for not bringing in any money, there are loads of young kids, especially girls, who have started supporting Albion because of GGs.

Completely this. Get them back.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
I know for the Newcastle game there is a local dance group called BN1 that are going to perform; they consist of of girls and boys that are all in secondary education

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

I must say I agree. If I get the time I will write a letter to Barbara.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I know for the Newcastle game there is a local dance group called BN1 that are going to perform; they consist of of girls and boys that are all in secondary education

Surely the Jimmy Saville 'justification' for getting rid of Gully's Girls would apply even more in this case?

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
Problem solved.
image.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I must admit when cheerleaders first appeared at football matches in England I was totally anti and I still regard them as a strange modern intrusion on our game. I don't need it, I'd rather be downing a pint.

However GGs did a lot for the community outside of games. If we HAVE to have pre match entertainment then I'd rather it was them TBH. I can't believe axing them is a financial decision. If it is then it's a badly thought out one. I don't think cheerleaders make any difference at all to our bottom line compared to, say, Ryan Harley's wages.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here