Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Boys????

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
I was going to ask why we have Gully's Girls any more but having read the threads I see why all the sad old blokes have to ogle! If they have to go on with their out of time routine, couldn't we have some beef for us women, too??
This is Brighton for Pete's sake - equality! Either that or get rid of this sad show of sexist rubbish. No offence girls, I'm sure you're all really nice but hey, you're out of date & I for one, as a woman, would be glad to say goodbye.:bigwave:

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
I honestly don't get the point, not of your post which I heartily agree with, but of Gully's Girls. What do they actually bring to the occasion anyway?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
What a pile of shit, and yes I mean the original 2 posts and not Gully's Girls. Sexist? They're young girls/women doing something they enjoy - and they're hardly identikit lads mags 'stunners' are they? As for dirty old men ogling, so what? That happens everywhere, what are you going to do; lock all vaguely attractive girls away and make them wear long dresses which don't show their ankles? And it certainly isn't just dirty old men who like a butchers, some of the young boys and lads I've seen seem to enjoy them very much. And again, what exactly is wrong with that? Just sounds like jealousy and sour grapes to me - the kind of bollocks that gives feminism a bad name.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The sexist rubbish is the assumption that everyone who looks at Gully's girls are 'old blokes' ogling them - and the implication that all 'old blokes' are sad. They're cheer-leaders, for Pete's sake, doing what cheerleaders do - and people watch them. I'm old (well, I prefer late middle-aged, actually). I don't ogle, and I'm not sad - so please don't make sexist judgements.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
What a pile of shit, and yes I mean the original 2 posts and not Gully's Girls. Sexist? They're young girls/women doing something they enjoy - and they're hardly identikit lads mags 'stunners' are they? As for dirty old men ogling, so what? That happens everywhere, what are you going to do; lock all vaguely attractive girls away and make them wear long dresses which don't show their ankles? And it certainly isn't just dirty old men who like a butchers, some of the young boys and lads I've seen seem to enjoy them very much. And again, what exactly is wrong with that? Just sounds like jealousy and sour grapes to me - the kind of bollocks that gives feminism a bad name.
This

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The sexist rubbish is the assumption that everyone who looks at Gully's girls are 'old blokes' ogling them - and the implication that all 'old blokes' are sad. They're cheer-leaders, for Pete's sake, doing what cheerleaders do - and people watch them. I'm old (well, I prefer late middle-aged, actually). I don't ogle, and I'm not sad - so please don't make sexist judgements.

Well said.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was going to ask why we have Gully's Girls any more but having read the threads I see why all the sad old blokes have to ogle! If they have to go on with their out of time routine, couldn't we have some beef for us women, too??
This is Brighton for Pete's sake - equality! Either that or get rid of this sad show of sexist rubbish. No offence girls, I'm sure you're all really nice but hey, you're out of date & I for one, as a woman, would be glad to say goodbye.:bigwave:

What are you doing on the internet anyway? Get back in the kitchen :angry:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

They are part of our tradition and they enjoy what they do, leave them alone. I'd be glad to say goodbye to you too.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

agreed 100%

what a pair of whinging twats the first 2 monks are. my girl loves gullys girl's, its part of the event of a home match for her.

go get some lemons and suck on them (not the quoted poster, the first 2.)

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Is the OP a little bit threatened by these girls on the pitch? Has she caught her old man having more than a crafty glance?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
As a female, I rather like Gully's Girls. They provide a nice bit of warm-up to the atmosphere before a game and give all the blokes a bit of a treat.
In the winter, they're out there prancing around in freezing wet weather, so well done to them.

On saying that, I would really like some pre-match entertainment for us girlies, maybe after the warm-up on the pitch, Gordon & Co could arm themselves with pom-poms and do a dance and wiggle session just to get all us girlies warmed up nicely!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What about this lot FFS?
gordon_greer_3730132.jpg
gary_dicker_and_matt_sparrow_4990838.jpg

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
On saying that, I would really like some pre-match entertainment for us girlies, maybe after the warm-up on the pitch, Gordon & Co could arm themselves with pom-poms and do a dance and wiggle session just to get all us girlies warmed up nicely!

You get 90+ minutes watching our hunks run around in shorts getting sweaty so don't be greedy :)

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
22 male footballers on the pitch every week, Brighton Gull?

In the women's world cup, as soon as a bloke said I'd like to bang Kelly Smith's back doors in, that's sexist though. :lolol:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

:drama:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Another contrarian poster gets thrown to the smock-and-pitchfork mob for burning

The OP has a valid opinion, why all the OTT reaction?

My view on Gully's Girls, I don't care either way, but I would like to see the back of that shouty buffoon with the mike who does the 'build-up' schtick before the game, an appalling spectacle

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

As this was only your second post I assume it is either the same culprits on a wind up or you genuinely have no idea....I take it that all cheerleaders then are guilty of sexism, and all the girls, and boys who do colour guard and winter guard with the marching band season come under that umbrella....or perhaps you are some middle aged spinster with a grudge. Get a life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here