Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gulls Eye Front Covers

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
The makers of the new Albion documentary have asked me for some of the most funny/notorious GE covers from 1988-97.

Unfortunately the hard copies are packed away up on in the loft, has anybody got PDF copies please?

Reproduce every edition in one book? - would sell a load I reckon, perfect Christmas present!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Vive La France.

That one.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Aaron Connolly in some kind of Love Island scenario, with a joke about not scoring?

Not a lot of difference to Kev Bremner and Brenda’s Brothel 34 years on……..

Didn`t Bremner have a melt down over that. and Lloyd claimed it was because Bremners wife was named Brenda ?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The one that sticks in my mind was the issue before we played Leicester one season, in the club preview section were these couple of gems,
What's the best thing to come out of Leicester? The M1
Good time in Leicester? See David Pleat (there'd been a scandal about him getting caught kerb crawling)

:lolol: :lolol:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The cover with Liam Brady on it, saying something like: “Now this is a ball”, always made me smile. I think we were all in a better frame of mind at that point, as it looked like the dark days were coming to an end.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Greg Stanley threatened to kill us in the toilets of the Coach and Horses and as staff intervened claimed his Mum was on the flight ��

There was, of course, the one of him throwing a brick through a window, in Bradford I think.

And for the more modern day version, someone dropping a turd on the changing room floor perhaps?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never read Gulls Eye, until just now. Edition number 1. How on earth did they get away with that stuff, different times and all that. 'Winner gets a night out with Bryan Robson in a ladies lavatory'. What!!
That's my day sorted until the golf later on.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The one that sticks in my mind was the issue before we played Leicester one season, in the club preview section were these couple of gems,
What's the best thing to come out of Leicester? The M1
Good time in Leicester? See David Pleat (there'd been a scandal about him getting caught kerb crawling)

:lolol: :lolol:

It was the M1 and Showaddywaddy ��

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Think the cover after Liverpool thrashed our lovely rivals was good, Just had 9-0 on the cover, a few times if i remember and a reference to them
Now being called 'the team of the 9 nils' as opposed to 'the team of the 80's'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Reproduce every edition in one book? - would sell a load I reckon, perfect Christmas present!

Would probably need one heck of a legal disclaimer to open but a great idea.
[MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] - could be a nice little fundraiser for REMF / AITC / Chestnut Tree House etc.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Well you're the boss when it comes to Gulls Eye Ian, but I'm sure I remember that quote about David Pleat in one of the copies, must be mistaken.

David Pleat was in there as well, got me and Messrs Vinicombe and Millard thrown out of their press area briefly.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Would probably need one heck of a legal disclaimer to open but a great idea.
[MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] - could be a nice little fundraiser for REMF / AITC / Chestnut Tree House etc.

AITC is probably a bridge too far re some of the content, but if anyone from REMF wants to get in touch, perhaps next August would be a great time to launch it, as its the 35th anniversary of Issue One.

Robert Eaton was one of our overseas subscribers so what a fitting way to raise money for a great cause.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
AITC is probably a bridge too far re some of the content, but if anyone from REMF wants to get in touch, perhaps next August would be a great time to launch it, as its the 35th anniversary of Issue One.

Robert Eaton was one of our overseas subscribers so what a fitting way to raise money for a great cause.
If you do, stick in Goldstone Gaz.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
The cover of Perry Digweed in a hospital bed after he had been kicked in the, ahem, lower abdomen, and the doc saying ‘Don’t worry Mr Digweed , I hear you are used to missing balls!’ Still makes me chuckle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here