Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guess What, We'll Probably Get Beat Next Weekend Also

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
if we hadn't of signed webster we would be third right now... :wink:

maybe , and we would still be destined for no better than a top 15 finish ,
why are some so quick to condemn a player after so few games ? ,
to expect any player to perform to top level from debut to end of contract isnt really realistic ,is it ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
to expect any player to perform to top level from debut to end of contract isnt really realistic ,is it ?

I think it is more a question of most do not see him as an improvement on what we had in Duffy, if even as good taking into account Duffy was POTS.

My concern is that while he may be better at bringing the ball out he cannot do what a defender is meant to do, defend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In all seriousness, we are desperate for a attacking midfielder/ forward and our one player that is capable of that is injured...ie trossard...yet because of our transfer teams nievity, and of course the labour laws/ FIFA /FL or whatever regulations Percy Tau is rotting in the Belgium league.

Whilst we all take the piss out of the saffers who bombard the Brighton Facebook page, I have some sympathy as he is someone who looks like he has something and boy do we need something at the moment.

Whoever investigated the possibility of signing him and getting his paperwork in order to play needs to hold their hands up!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

i was just joshing with our little scotch friend!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
In all seriousness, we are desperate for a attacking midfielder/ forward and our one player that is capable of that is injured...ie trossard...yet because of our transfer teams nievity, and of course the labour laws/ FIFA /FL or whatever regulations Percy Tau is rotting in the Belgium league.

Whilst we all take the piss out of the saffers who bombard the Brighton Facebook page, I have some sympathy as he is someone who looks like he has something and boy do we need something at the moment.

Whoever investigated the possibility of signing him and getting his paperwork in order to play needs to hold their hands up!

blimey... and you pretend to speak latin?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's IMPOSSIBLE to calculate my IQ as I'm so INTELLIGANT

Enee fule kno . . .

IMG_0235.JPG

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It’s the number of points this side of Christmas the worries me. Most of the games I expected wins from have been and gone.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
7 games in and I find myself once again not remotely bothered if we stay up or go down. The PL is so unbalanced in terms of quality and the moments of glee for us so far apart I find it all rather underwhelming. I don't want us to go down obviously but I won't be inconsolable if we do. TBs wish to be a top 10 PL club seems way off as it stands.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It’s the number of points this side of Christmas the worries me. Most of the games I expected wins from have been and gone.
Last year the 'difficult half of the season' was before New Year, and we did reasonably well. The 'easy half' was after New Year, and we were abysmal.

It's about whether we improve from here. If we do, there are still plenty of games to get wins.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
7 games in and I find myself once again not remotely bothered if we stay up or go down. The PL is so unbalanced in terms of quality and the moments of glee for us so far apart I find it all rather underwhelming. I don't want us to go down obviously but I won't be inconsolable if we do. TBs wish to be a top 10 PL club seems way off as it stands.

Top level Football has become very very boring. I’m completely turned off by it as a fan of one of the smaller clubs. There’s just no sporting competition left, it’s as dull as ditchwater knowing the results and frequently the scores each weekend...before KO. Haven’t watched MOTD for weeks and increasingly look at the lower leagues for excitement. Notts County got over 9k in the conference this weekend too. Now that is a footballing story. Incredible support.

Why wait nearly a week to vent your spleen that Potterball doesn't really work against The Big Six anymore than Hootonball did? Why not vent that spleen NOW and give yourself next weekend off?

Pretty sure Hughton took a point off Spurs. Great our progression is now inevitable defeat

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey... and you pretend to speak latin?

I apologise to the spelling nazi for misspelling a world.

Congratulations, you must feel so proud.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Probably we will lose , not inevitably . If we all have a miserable defeatest attitude , we are sunk.
No shame for a smaller provincial Prem. Club to lose to Chelsea or Spurs. Tottenham can pay £55mill plus for Ndombele , that's the difference.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
We all know the teams in the top 10(ish) and the teams in the bottom 10 (ish) at the end of the season.
Points against the top 10 are bonus, points against the bottom 10 are a necessity. Those games are the games that make the league, for us exciting.... playing the big boys is just entertaining.
4th from bottom is fine with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here