Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess what? If we DON'T make the playoffs...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The play-offs are gone, long live the rebuild! Shame though that the momentum is lost and the JCLs are starting to drift off. Oh well, less of a queue for the train :shrug:

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Agreed but with different manager and coach.

If it means losing every game until the end of the season for this to happen, so be it.

No. Managers need time to build and mold their sides. Any one with any footballing sense knows this and deep down so do you.

"I want my team to lose!" Disgraceful.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No. Managers need time to build and mold their sides. Any one with any footballing sense knows this and deep down so do you.

"I want my team to lose!" Disgraceful.

Anyone with footballing sense knows that something isn't right within the camp. How long do you give him to try and turn that round, let alone build a side to challenge next season. Sometimes it's better for things to get worse to force the change. I don't mind my team losing when it doesn't matter if it's better for the club in the long run.

Feb 14, 2010
Brighton have given the size of its support been the most under achieving club in the country. 34000 to watch the likes of Rochdale at the Goldstone in the the division and now its 30,000 to watch this side under achieve. Nothing changes but its time it did. No doubt Bloom thinks the same as I doubt that he is the sort of person who likes failure.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Club has got itself into a situation whatever happens this season the squad will experience a massive clear out and change.

Not that surprising the players are struggling to get themselves up.

In such a situation you need a highly motivational individual to keep things going. Not sure we have one, we went for a technician instead.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Anyone with footballing sense knows that something isn't right within the camp. How long do you give him to try and turn that round, let alone build a side to challenge next season. Sometimes it's better for things to get worse to force the change. I don't mind my team losing when it doesn't matter if it's better for the club in the long run.

Three seasons minimum! And how do you know things aren't right in the camp? Here's say and gossip?! Or because two players had row over a sloppy defending?

This over reactionary 'get rid' attitude is so detrimental to the club and the game! With the odd exception maybe i.e. di canio.

And if (it's a big if with out current form) we win on Tuesday we will be one point of the play offs.

What actually did really hope for this season? To storm the league? With all the injuries and challenges Oscar has come across from day one I feel you have been misguided and overly optermistic.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Three seasons minimum! And how do you know things aren't right in the camp? Here's say and gossip?! Or because two players had row over a sloppy defending?

I think it's pretty obvious from what is happening on the pitch.

What actually did really hope for this season? To storm the league? With all the injuries and challenges Oscar has come across from day one I feel you have been misguided and overly optermistic.

I didn't expect much early on as he had no pre-season and a lot of injuries so I felt he did well the first half of the season. Its the second half that is worrying. The players look absolutely clueless and lacking in game-plan. Whichever way you look at it our players are now underperforming as individuals and a team. However the big concern for me is that the football has descended into dross. Are you really happy with what we were asked to watch this afternoon. Another three seasons of that and you may be watching in an empty stadium.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Brighton have given the size of its support been the most under achieving club in the country. 34000 to watch the likes of Rochdale at the Goldstone in the the division and now its 30,000 to watch this side under achieve. Nothing changes but its time it did. No doubt Bloom thinks the same as I doubt that he is the sort of person who likes failure.

I don't think Bloom is reactionary either.

Yes the performances are very poor currently but I can see Bloom giving Oscar a pre-season and maybe up until Xmas to see how the land lies.

The players need culling pretty mercilessly in the summer and major money needs to be spent if Bloom is serious about Premier League football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here