Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess WHAT happens when you SELL your BEST players ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It would be enbarassing to get promoted with the likes of Grabban, Conway and Mason who are obviously not good enough for long contracts to play in the Premier League.

Next season might be a chance to go for the automatic places. If we keep Will Buckley and our better players. Not fussed about Liam Bridcutt.

What are you blabbering on about now Conway and mason helped Cardiff get promoted last season. How embarrassing would it be if they did that for us.

Muppet

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
And don't STRENGTHEN the squad ? You LOSE to a team like Derby who were in FREEFALL before today. All the LICKERS will be having a GROUP hug and comparing BOBBLE hats WHILST the REAL supporters KNOW if WE don't beat Port VEIL next week the SEASON is over.

Get your WALLET out BLOOM and SPEND some CASH on the team before it is TOO late.

Calm down. If we don't beat Port VEIL next WEEK it'isnot the end of the world, AS I can sea us given them a right hammering in the 2nD leg at the amex. As long as we do get an away goal next week IWil'l be appy.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
SPEND SPEND SPEND, that's the answer.
The fact that throughout this season Oscar has managed to keep us in the hunt with the enforced restrictions tells me we don't need to be stupid and can 'progress' quite niely.

I would seriously enjoy having a moment with Kylie though.

There could be a crisis come renewal this year as people know they can pick and choose games next season in the championship with 5000 extra seats for sale and 3000 - 4000 of those going unsold each game. It could be 8000 - 9000 extra seats next season so for those that want to choose games and go to 15 games it is a very attractive option many people will take up.

The renewal rates were impressive this season, any rate if decline I think would be much more gradual than that if we missed the play-offs this season - but if you were talking more and more disappointment over a period of 2-3 seasons, then maybe what you say could indeed come true. But I think the board would spend to forestall any of that

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Totally agree. We all knew Bridcutt was going, deal with it quickly to avoid the disruption we have. And as for Barnes why transfer with no one lined up, the transfer was in our hands. Grabban couldn't agree terms and Mason is 2.5m, would be surprised if we paid that, leaving us with an issue.
But we need to get the right dosh for Bridders

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I have to agree, we really missed Barnes blasting them high and wide today and definitely missed El Abds presence on the bench.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
We may scrape a play off place but can wave goodbye to a top 2 place. More than likely a fourth championship season at the Amex coming up. St sales will I think drop at least 5000 to 18000.

Flippin'eck I would have bitten your hand off a few years ago if you offered me a consolidated Championship position with the potential and set-up for the Prem. People have VERY short memories...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have to agree, we really missed Barnes blasting them high and wide today and definitely missed El Abds presence on the bench.

Quite.
Ridiculous to mention these two as ' best players ' Barnes is a limited journeyman, lacking real class, that we got decent money for. AEA is a tremendous competitor but not up to the pace of the Championship.
Correct decision to offload both.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There could be a crisis come renewal this year as people know they can pick and choose games next season in the championship with 5000 extra seats for sale and 3000 - 4000 of those going unsold each game. It could be 8000 - 9000 extra seats next season so for those that want to choose games and go to 15 games it is a very attractive option many people will take up.

Amazing one close away defeat and we're going to the dogs

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You joke but this transfer window has been a massive cock up so far, should have sold Bridcutt, kept Barnes and Abd and bought a attacking midfielder with the money from Bridcutt. Instead we're scrabbling around for journey man forwards and Bridcutt is sitting around at home watching day time TV when we've got a game on.

Barnes would NOT sign a new contract....so keep him until the end of the season for what?. El Abd wanted 1st team football and did not want to sit on the bench, he wanted to move on to play.
Let Bridcutt go for a cut down price.......good job our chairman does not have his head in the clouds.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Amazing one close away defeat and we're going to the dogs

Unless we get promoted this season, this is what will happen. This season will be the peak of st's if we continue to play in the championship. Bounce this in August if needed. Clever the club basically make people commit to 2 months of the next season before deciding what to do.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Last season we were on the CUSP of the play offs and a realistic chance of going up, if that is not the case come renewal time then there will be lots deciding to pick and choose their games and not bother renewing

I'll be renewing. New stadium, top academy on the way......not even on the horizon a few years ago. I believe it was a 5 year plan. Choke if you want.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
And don't STRENGTHEN the squad ? You LOSE to a team like Derby who were in FREEFALL before today. All the LICKERS will be having a GROUP hug and comparing BOBBLE hats WHILST the REAL supporters KNOW if WE don't beat Port VEIL next week the SEASON is over.

Get your WALLET out BLOOM and SPEND some CASH on the team before it is TOO late.

I wouldn't say Derby were in free fall, they were on a 9 game run before the last couple of matches!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Usual fishing trip eh Enrest?

You've caught a few including some knackered old dogfish who ought to know better but just can't resist the temptation of getting your juicy worm in their mouth again and again.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still 7th..two points off play-offs...long list of key players injured in first half of season..best player wants away...crisis, what crisis.

Couldn't agree more. When we do get promoted I can't wait for the moaners when its £45 a ticket

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yes it would. Port Vale next Saturday, that's not going to be easy either.
Not bothered about the FA Cup.

A win at Vale Park followed by a lucrative tie in the fifth round at somewhere like Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester City could give Oscar Garcia some big money to spend from Tony Bloom before the January transfer window closes, and that could be the difference between play-offs and seventh spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here