Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Guardian Football Daily

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

The Memory Lane feature towards the end of this newsletter is a reminder to the Albion family about how we got here....
Unless I'm being particularly thick, I can't see the Memory Lane feature anywhere on that page.

Meanwhile, 'Two quite dull men analysing quite dull things, the show could well have been modelled on the High Performance Podcast...' reminded me how much Glendening HATES Jake Humphrey :lol:

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing

The Memory Lane feature towards the end of this newsletter is a reminder to the Albion family about how we got here....

Unless I'm being particularly thick, I can't see the Memory Lane feature anywhere on that page.

Meanwhile, 'Two quite dull men analysing quite dull things, the show could well have been modelled on the High Performance Podcast...' reminded me how much Glendening HATES Jake Humphrey :lol:
Sorry, for some reason the version on the website is not completed. I’ll try and post the email.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

MEMORY LANE​

Throwing back almost 20 years to December 2003, when Des Lynam, Tim Carder, Norman Cook, Paul Samrah and Lord Bassam of Brighton delivered a petition with 6,200 letters to 10 Downing Street, requesting government approval for a new stadium. “The turnout today underlines the importance of the decision,” declared Lynam and a little less than two years later, it went in their favour. Here’s a short film from a few years back we made on the club’s journey to Falmer.​

unnamed.jpg

And from today's email letters:
“As someone who has carried his fair share of binders in my life as a corporate drone, I was interested in the power dynamics of [Wednesday’s] Memory Lane picture. Des Lynam has taken three as is his prerogative as a senior member of the group who still wants to show he’s pulling his weight. Norman Cook has four, reflective, perhaps, of his younger age. Tim Carder has the satisfied look of someone who got in early and helped himself to the smallest acceptable pile of three. Lord Bassam apparently walked past the stack, deciding that carrying binders was for other people; leaving poor Paul Samrah clearly struggling with a frankly unfair five files. Have I spent far too long looking at, and writing about, this picture? Yes. Has Paul Samrah forgotten about this injustice? I’m guessing not” – Ben Mimmack.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing

MEMORY LANE​

Throwing back almost 20 years to December 2003, when Des Lynam, Tim Carder, Norman Cook, Paul Samrah and Lord Bassam of Brighton delivered a petition with 6,200 letters to 10 Downing Street, requesting government approval for a new stadium. “The turnout today underlines the importance of the decision,” declared Lynam and a little less than two years later, it went in their favour. Here’s a short film from a few years back we made on the club’s journey to Falmer.​

View attachment 166117

And from today's email letters:
“As someone who has carried his fair share of binders in my life as a corporate drone, I was interested in the power dynamics of [Wednesday’s] Memory Lane picture. Des Lynam has taken three as is his prerogative as a senior member of the group who still wants to show he’s pulling his weight. Norman Cook has four, reflective, perhaps, of his younger age. Tim Carder has the satisfied look of someone who got in early and helped himself to the smallest acceptable pile of three. Lord Bassam apparently walked past the stack, deciding that carrying binders was for other people; leaving poor Paul Samrah clearly struggling with a frankly unfair five files. Have I spent far too long looking at, and writing about, this picture? Yes. Has Paul Samrah forgotten about this injustice? I’m guessing not” – Ben Mimmack.
Thanks for sorting this out Acker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here