Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guard of honour for Arsenal on the 25th?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hire Sherwood to salute them on arrival too, an ex Spud joining in would make the day extra special

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I'd deffo be up for doing something to commemorate the glory of the Gunners (Arsenal). I don't think they've been out of the top division in living memory and have a divine right to be there in any case so they deserve reverence from us, a pathetic small and insignificant South Coast club.

Oh for the American draft system, allowing the Gunners (Arsenal) to experience life in the lower leagues while Rochdale scoop the Premier League title. #happy days

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:facepalm:??? Really? This is either Wenger in disguise, or a Wind-up. Or an idiot. A guard of honour!!??!?

And how does that affect us? If it meanst so much to me I would support them not BHA.

Unbelievable amount of disrespect for what is the BIGGEST game in YEARS against a GIANT.

I'll quite happily stand up and clap them, from my seat in the pub.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I hope they present us with some kind of memorial plaque so we can remember the day forever. Can't wait to get my half-half scarf :albion2: No matter what happens, let's hope that FOOTBALL wins the day :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will do the same from my seat in Lower West but dont think they warrant a guard of honour by our players.

I think you're being very churlish.

Its a wonderful opportunity to display our respect for a club of the sheer magnitude of Arsenal. Its a privilege to be playing them, and our players should reflect that with a public display before kickoff.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will be outside the south stand applauding their fans in, and I think you should all join me.

If it's raining we should line the route from the station to the south stand turnstiles with umbrellas raised aloft to keep our superiors dry.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think you're being very churlish.

Its a wonderful opportunity to display our respect for a club of the sheer magnitude of Arsenal. Its a privilege to be playing them, and our players should reflect that with a public display before kickoff.

Here here .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm looking forward to applauding the Arsenal fans when their away attendance is read out. I might give them a little clap at the start of the match too.

Arsenal, THE ARSENAL, at our ground.

Counting the days.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And concede that they are in awe of them and expecting to get beat. No thanks stand and clap them off if they win but not before the game.

This Arsenal for goodness sake. ARSENAL.

They deserve a guard of honour. Thread closed*.

*and put into Gold.

And concede that they are in awe of them and expecting to get beat. No thanks stand and clap them off if they win but not before the game.

I WILL be in AWE of them.

Fantastic club, fans, manager, players and the TEA lady is a right sort.

It has put a tear in my eye just thinking about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here