Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GTA V announced

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
#GTAV

GTA V announced by Rockstar - they're not giving anything away though, with only that on their website.

Speculation is it'll be set in London, which I would LOVE, though to be fair anything could be better than GTA IV, which was underwhelming and I am still yet to complete it.

Trailer to break the internet released on Nov 2nd.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i sat and watched my mate playing GTA IV and decided i couldnt be bothered. i absolutly loved GTA up to that point, but it didnt have the same soul and humour.

in fact i bought the entire back catalouge £5 on Steam deal :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think they will EVER surpass Vice City. Just loved the whole Scarface / 80's look and vibe of that game, and the music. It'd take me cuffing AGES to complete a mission, as I'd literally spend half the time sat in the car just listening to the radio and those brilliant 80's choons.

D

Deleted member 18477

I don't think they will EVER surpass Vice City. Just loved the whole Scarface / 80's look and vibe of that game, and the music. It'd take me cuffing AGES to complete a mission, as I'd spend half the time sitting in the car listening to the radio.

LOL. GTA III was the best for me. quality missions, quality environment, quality game!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
GTAIII is my favourite. Perfect balance of graphics (for their time) with fun and playability.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
San andreas was always my favourite before before my old xbox broke :(

Definitely had the coolest vibe. You felt like you were in Boyz N Tha Hood or Menace 2 Society or even ruddy Training Day.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I don't think they will EVER surpass Vice City. Just loved the whole Scarface / 80's look and vibe of that game, and the music. It'd take me cuffing AGES to complete a mission, as I'd literally spend half the time sat in the car just listening to the radio and those brilliant 80's choons.

Same , although now you mention it I don't think I ever did complete it :S

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That said though, and as Easy rightly points out, the music in Vice City is SUPERB.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
GTA III was the shiz, loved it! lost intrest after that.

I remember GTA London set in the 70s when the you got nicked the pharse was 'Got the Bastard' used to love that as a young kid.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
I've only ever completed one GTA game, GTA 4. I think my problem is getting bored after about an hour on the game and just turning it off without saving it :facepalm:

Oct 25, 2003
san andreas was so f***ing EPIC, and it had lots of brilliant hip-hop VIBES going on

gta IV was their first attempt on the new consoles and that, personally i didn't think it was THAT bad, just a bit of a let down, the city was brilliant

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I completed GTA3 last night and now playing Vice City. The improvement from GTA3 to Vice City is massive, although from what I understand it is the peak of the series and it started to get too serious durnig San Andreas? Most people complain that 4 was a complete bore fest.

Hopefully they go really gritty, 'The Wire' style gritty or they go back to the more absurd routes that the series orignated from, true sequel to Vice City?

Saints Row 2 is still by FAR the best ''sandbox' game I've played. It's fantastic. If you haven't played it you're missing out, should be able to pick it up cheap on 360 now, or on Steam but the Steam version was a bad port with lots of problems.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Original GTA is the best

gta_1.jpg

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
San Andreas was my favourite closely followed by Vice City. Just can't get into the latest one unfortunately. Red Dead Redemption was equally brilliant though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here