Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gta 5

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
On reflection, I was a little bit disappointed with this. The level designs and set pieces are sublime, as you'd expect, but there are a few things that let it down in my opinion.

Firstly, the money you make and spend in this game has almost no weight whatsoever. You have nothing for the first few missions, and then after the first heist, enough to last you for the rest of the game. There's no real incentive/requirement to have to save up money or buy properties as once you can afford a decent rifle and enough ammo you're set for the whole game.

That's what made Vice City and San Andreas so much more fun; slowly building an empire and taking over territories so that you can better equip yourself for the later missions. You can go from mission to mission with no digression and finish the story mode.

I also felt like we weren't shown enough of the map during the story. Without saying where or what as I don't want to spoil it, there are some pretty significant places on the map which aren't even mentioned let alone visited. I'm hoping they're included in the Online section of the game.

Overall I still really enjoyed the game, but for me the structure of the gameplay let it down.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I had a weird one. A woman got mugged, I took down the thief, got the £1,000 in her purse, return it to her for a crappy £200 reward so beat her up, but she only had about £90 on her! Baffling.

This annoyed me immensely.It stands to reason the bitch should have had more cheddar on her!I was so angry i sprayed the crowd with my machine gun and took out at least 15 cops before i decided to make a getaway which involved a good 3 mile jolly.....imagine my surprise when i finally shook off the rozzers and got out the car in order to spawn a helicopter than some sort of mountain lion/dog appeared from nowhere and ate me.........bloody liberties!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
In town today (Brighton) and hoping to pick this up. Is it still sold out everywhere?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I picked it up on wed at Game in Horsham, they had plenty of copies avaliable. I imagine most Games will have plenty of stock snd the Supermarkets should have been restocked by now.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Completed it yesterday. 10 days. I didn't take any time or work, granted I played it more than I usually play my PS3 now days but did the story seem shorter? I know I was younger when GTAIII etc came out but this is the first one I've completed.

Great story and cannot wait for GTAOnline to open.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Upto 30% complete here. Just nicked the weapon off ship. After the mission Lemar came over and said I need to give it back, so didn't make the £20M. Does this occur regardless of the method of assault ( I used the sub and blew up ship in harbour)

And loving the radio news updates of stories!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Upto 30% complete here. Just nicked the weapon off ship. After the mission Lemar came over and said I need to give it back, so didn't make the £20M. Does this occur regardless of the method of assault ( I used the sub and blew up ship in harbour)

And loving the radio news updates of stories!

Yeah this happens regardless. Makes you feel a bit "meh" after going through all of it!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So, GTA Online comes out today......and there is already big problems being reported with lots unable to update it (myself included) which leaves you unable to play the game.

Rockstar appear to have made a HUGE cock-up as they didnt expect the sales volumes as have been seen, so as a result people are left unable to update and have no access to the game at all - nice one !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24335528

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
Just tried to update it on my PS3 and have had a blank screen for the past 5 minutes. PS3 has jammed. Anyone else have this problem?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm not even attempting to download it until the whole thing has settled down a bit. I don't want my game crashing - no way Jose.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
So, GTA Online comes out today......and there is already big problems being reported with lots unable to update it (myself included) which leaves you unable to play the game.

Rockstar appear to have made a HUGE cock-up as they didnt expect the sales volumes as have been seen, so as a result people are left unable to update and have no access to the game at all - nice one !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24335528

To be fair, launching the online portion of the fastest selling game of all time is never going to be a trouble-free experience

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To be fair, launching the online portion of the fastest selling game of all time is never going to be a trouble-free experience

Of course not, but badly underestimating how many people were going to buy the game is a pretty big mistake, you could tell from the pre-orders alone demand was going to be large, so why not sort extra servers out then ? Lots of unhappy people, and even those who can get into the Online game are getting lots of bugs. Think Ill give it a few days before playing GTA 5, as of course there is no access to the game without updating it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Quite. I fully expect it to have problems for the first week or so, so am not rushing to get involved.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Of course not, but badly underestimating how many people were going to buy the game is a pretty big mistake, you could tell from the pre-orders alone demand was going to be large, so why not sort extra servers out then ? Lots of unhappy people, and even those who can get into the Online game are getting lots of bugs. Think Ill give it a few days before playing GTA 5, as of course there is no access to the game without updating it.

Oh bugger. I don't have any interest in playing the online game, but I can't just carry on as it is, I have to get this update? Lucky there's a game at the Amex tonight!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I should have plenty of time on the weekend so hopefully it's steady by then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here