Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gta 5

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The red/blue dots that appear on the map as you're driving around are 'dynamic events' or whatever they're called - random things that you happen to stumble across (a feature taken from Red Dead Redemption) that includes drug deals gone wrong, theft and even giving a lift to someone who is too drunk to drive safely.

These aren't related to the Freaks and Strangers side quests

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Ha, I didn't even know about them - I drove him to his front door then, as soon as the mission was complete, beat him to death for throwing up in the car

Do those random occurances ever reapear? I was driving down the highway one time, saw the dot, went to explore and it was the deal gone wrong in forest. I picked up the case, drove off. killed the people chasing me yet have still not got the money you are due to earn from it ($5k from memory of looking into it onlin. Have I missed something?

Are you sure you didn't get the $5k when you picked up the case? In the other random events (such as recovering money from a mugger) when you pick up the wallet the money is given to you, and if you choose to return it the funds are deducted again from your account.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Are you sure you didn't get the $5k when you picked up the case? In the other random events (such as recovering money from a mugger) when you pick up the wallet the money is given to you, and if you choose to return it the funds are deducted again from your account.

no I checked my bank statement :lolol: and the money never went in. Didnt give it back either!

I picked up this random pissed couple and as they started shagging in my car I took them to that cult :lolol:

I thought about taking them up there (certainly would have been in character for Trevor!) but in the end I dropped them at the hotel. Does anything good happen if you take them to the cult?

no I checked my bank statement :lolol: and the money never went in. Didnt give it back either!

Fair enough, thought it was worth checking! I haven't done that random event yet so have nothing useful to offer I'm afraid. So far I've been a goodie-two-shoes and given back all of the wallets that I've recovered... I'm wondering if there's any ultimate gain to that or whether I should just trouser the additional $450 a time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I had a weird one. A woman got mugged, I took down the thief, got the £1,000 in her purse, return it to her for a crappy £200 reward so beat her up, but she only had about £90 on her! Baffling.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I guess nobody returns the bike on those side missions? on the 2nd time I returned it (to the same person) I got an email saying he owns a company and gave me 100k in shares as a reward, I left them to gain interest for a bit then made around 9k on top of that.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
I guess nobody returns the bike on those side missions? on the 2nd time I returned it (to the same person) I got an email saying he owns a company and gave me 100k in shares as a reward, I left them to gain interest for a bit then made around 9k on top of that.

Quick question, how far in do you have to get before the stocks and shares thing kicks in??

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Quick question, how far in do you have to get before the stocks and shares thing kicks in??

You can buy stocks straight away, although the real money is in the assassination missions once you've done the first heist that massively affect the share prices of various companies. Means you can basically double character's bank balances with a clever investment

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Eh?? Sorry lost me with that little lot... How do I start to do it? and does it make a differance what character I am?
Secondly when do the assassanation missions come round??

Thanks for your help

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Eh?? Sorry lost me with that little lot... How do I start to do it? and does it make a differance what character I am?
Secondly when do the assassanation missions come round??

Thanks for your help

All will become clear. The assassination missions are for Franklin, triggered by going to the green "L" on your map. I think they start shortly after getting Trevor.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
All will become clear. The assassination missions are for Franklin, triggered by going to the green "L" on your map. I think they start shortly after getting Trevor.

Thanks, Hav'nt got Trevor yet.
Still trying to understand what is going on and when. All a bit much for me

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
You can get to the stocks and shares by accessing your phone's internet (in game, obviously) and going to the money section

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The general idea with the stocks and shares is to invest in a stock - then take out its rival.

For example, invest in Cluckin' Bell then take out Tacobomb vans - or invest in FlyUS then blow up all the AirEmu planes - or vice versa
Are they part of the story (ie your mission is to take out company x so you buy shares in compnay y beforehand) or is this this seperate. And lastly do you get told how to use the share buyer, or did you work it out for yourself

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Are they part of the story (ie your mission is to take out company x so you buy shares in compnay y beforehand) or is this this seperate. And lastly do you get told how to use the share buyer, or did you work it out for yourself

No they aren't part of the story (apart from lester's assassinations missions with Franklin) you don't get a tutorial with how to buy shares, but it's pretty simple.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Makes no difference but when you do Franklins assassination missions, save before you start the mission then listen to the company the assasinstion will affect (Lester will normally tell you) and invest in its competitors. Ie, there is one mission where you take out the CEO of a cigarettes company, so you invest in stocks that belong to their competitors. You can find a list of rival companies by googling it.

Sounds complicated but once you get then hang of it it's fairly simple, I made over 125M by doing this

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I'd buy shares with all players, IMO it's better to invest to start off with & buy properties and cars later on in the game, the only thing I would follow is this, buy the shares in that company before you start the mission with Franklin (Lester's missions marked with a L) you will earn big this way.....

Mission - Stock Suggestion

Hotel Assassination - Betta Pharmaceuticals
The Redwood Cigarette Assassination - Debonaire Cigarettes
The Vice Assassination - Fruit
The Bus Assassination - Vapid - (buy afterwards not before)
The Construction Assassination - Gold Coast
The Big Score - Gold Coast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here