Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gruff Rhys V The Mighty Albion

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Just a quick note before bedtime. I relinquished my ST tonight to go and see Gruff and it was a simply brilliant. The texture of sound is incredible. Then I found out the score and saw the table. Sorry to those who think I am a turncoat but happiness comes in threes. Points.

Unbelievable.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
It was a cracking evening. A mix of all three albums and a slightly different take to his songs. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah i went to that too. Cadogan Hall. A brilliant show. Whenever he plays Pwdin Wy 2 i am usually on the verge of tears. And no show ends better than with a Skylon! I sometimes worry his deadpannery will lose its charm or seem overstaged, but no, again he charms me completely. Cracking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going on Saturday in Kemp Town, as are a fairly sizeable NSC number.

Btw does St Georges church have a bar? Or is it 'bring your own' like the West Hill Centre?

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
yes little bar at the back of the church. hip flask of tequila at the ready. im missing the saints game but to be fair im sick to death of watching our shower of shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hadn't realised that I too have sung in this venue (oh yes, back in the day...). Mind you, I was at Brighton College Junior School, hiding at the back of the chorus in a production of Noyes Flude (or something like that) where everyone was required to take part. Hated every second.

What's the parking like round there now - was in Kemp Town a few weeks ago and it was a nightmare.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
BTW there is an amusing interview with Gruff in the latest Q. He truly is brilliantly bonkers at times.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
TRHK Jnr now not attending so I have a spare ticket. £10 in a lifeboat if you would like it.

Will return it to the venue after lunch if no one wants it. It's a 'sit where you like' event, so you won't be stuck with the TRHK's.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boooo to the football, yay to Gruff. I'm knackered and wobbly (just done a very muddy 20 mile run up, down and around the Downs) but excited.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I love Lisa Jen.
476126022_231cb8cab3_z.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I thought he was superb tonight. Utterly brilliant. Four rows back and felt like I was right in with the band.

And to the total cocknosher on NSC who agreed to buy my spare ticket on PM yesterday evening and then went silent (so that I didn't get the chance to sell it in the end) - I hope you missed the show - it was brilliant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought he was superb tonight. Utterly brilliant. Four rows back and felt like I was right in with the band.

And to the total cocknosher on NSC who agreed to buy my spare ticket on PM yesterday evening and then went silent (so that I didn't get the chance to sell it in the end) - I hope you missed the show - it was brilliant.

Agreed. Was bloody good. I managed to bag front row seats on the right as you looked at the stage.

Shame about the NSC no show as my mate contacted you about your spare.

Right, I really must get to bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here